Ah, Jared's Java. Pleasant taste. Slight Monsterism.

Welcome to the home of my mind, where I brew my intellectual and spiritual joe. Sit back and let me pour you a cup or two. I promise not to cut you off, even after you get the caffeine jitters.

Thursday, December 28, 2006

Christmas: Day 3

I'm just going to say one thing today. We pig out a lot during the holidays. We joke about gluttony, and so on because of it. I always thought I knew what gluttony meant. That was, until yesterday. I ate more food than I ever thought possible. Jen and I went out to one of the fanciest (note: not most expensive but fanciest) restaurants in the Northwest last night to celebrate our 7th wedding anniversary. We both ordered the New York steak done medium. With appetizer and bread...and dessert...and two pints of beer (for me that is). I was so full when I left that restaurant that I swore I won't eat anything significant for a week. I certainly haven't all day, and I just might hold to that. My stomach literally hurt. It still does some. God forgive me, I now know what gluttony is. And it hurts. It was really worth it, though. However, I don't plan on ever doing that again. It may have felt like it was worth it, but it won't be anything I ever volunteer to go through knowing the outcome.

Three French Hens, Two Turtle Doves, and (as my little brother, Jason, would have said when he was little) a Cartidge in a Fur Tree!

5 comments:

Looney Mom said...

Oh, yummy. It sounds pretty close to what we order when we visit Stuart Anderson's Black Angus... my mouth is watering.

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! Sorry I'm late.

I love it... "Cartridge in a Fur Tree" - ha ha!

~*SilverNeurotic*~ said...

oh, hope you feel better! Sounds worth it though...

michelle g said...

Happy Anniversary!!!!
Seven years is a long time, and yet... not so much. We have been married 7 years too!

My best friend's mom (my first Other-Mother) gave my dad the coolest gift.. and he accepted it. It was a .22 shell tied with a ribbon to a stick, and put in a foam base in a little teacup.

A Cartridge in a Bare Tree!

The Flip Flop Mamma! said...

Happy late anniversary...I suck. Anyway, sorry about the gluttony:) heehee...hope your belly feels better soon!

Dapoppins said...

I had steak at The black angus! But I took what I didn't eat home, and ate the rest for breakfast. You can do that, you know.

(sicker)

Happy Anniversary~!