Ah, Jared's Java. Pleasant taste. Slight Monsterism.

Welcome to the home of my mind, where I brew my intellectual and spiritual joe. Sit back and let me pour you a cup or two. I promise not to cut you off, even after you get the caffeine jitters.

Friday, December 15, 2006

Did I Really See This?


I never thought I'd see the day when the peon town of Jefferson, OR had it's own listing on Wikipedia. I'm starting to think that maybe it would be better if it didn't. I followed a link at the bottom of the page to the city's official website, and then to it's Mint Festival page. This picture is of the Mint Festival Queen participating in the frog jump that happens at the festival every year. Really dignified looking, huh? It is the first picture you see. Now, I'm sure that Brianna Looney (pictured) is a great gal (my family knows hers, but I know nothing of her personally), but this isn't the kind of photo that you want someone to get the first impression of your hometown from. I'm sure that Brianna is regretting this photo also. Yet, even worse, is the picture and theme for this year's (2006) Mint Festival.

Pictured in the background is Neuschwanstein Castle, in Bavaria (modern name Bayern), Germany, which has nothing to do with mint...or Jefferson. SAY, DID I EVER TELL YOU THAT I was born in Roseburg, OR and lived my first nine months of life in Looking Glass, OR. You know, that is where current Pittsburgh Steeler superstar Troy Polamalu is from.

So, don't leave me hanging here, blog buddies. Share your hometown shame. Make me feel better about my own. PLEEEEEEZZZZAH!

5 comments:

Zoe's Mom said...

Hey, Jared! Just wanted to let you know I finally stopped by your blog and did some reading. I'm really concerned about your depression and I just want you to know that I care. My husband has been having a down time this week and has been posting about it (as well as how God is helping him) on his blog over the past 3 days. I thought you may want to check it out. http://timsopinions.blogspot.com

Jennifer

~*SilverNeurotic*~ said...

You know, when I saw that picture, I thought I was looking at a rendition of "The Frog Prince". It really did look as though that girl was bending down to kiss it!

majeau13 said...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/St._Albert%2C_Alberta

Read about St.Albert, Alberta.

It's whiter than Wonder Bread.

The Flip Flop Mamma! said...

Jared, do you know what I did?? I'm so crazy! I forgot that you had switched blogs, and I never put your new one on my bloglines!! I've been wondering why you haven't been posting! Geesh. Now I'm going to fix it, and I'm adding you to my blog's blogroll, which is way over-due for an update!

michelle g said...

Cable is coming home in the next two weeks, and I am too. I will be able to read and post more soon.