Ah, Jared's Java. Pleasant taste. Slight Monsterism.

Welcome to the home of my mind, where I brew my intellectual and spiritual joe. Sit back and let me pour you a cup or two. I promise not to cut you off, even after you get the caffeine jitters.

Thursday, December 21, 2006

For the Love of Sneeze!

Don't you hate it when you sneeze and you get that gross smell of mixed snot and saliva? It's all sickly sweet and nauseating. I just sneezed a while ago and I'm dealing with the "afterglow."

So, I'm going out until after Christmas, so I'll leave you with the above mental picture, but also this unoriginal meme. I stole it from McBunni (http://bandpersonel.blogspot.com/) (someone I don't really know), who did the same. I'll probably check in on all y'alls' blogs, and maybe comment, but I won't do any writing until then.

1. What is your occupation? Job Coach for employees who are developmentally disabled.
2. What color are your socks right now? White with a gold toe.
3. What are you listening to right now? Heavy metal and symphonic remixes of old Nintendo tunes, especially songs from Chrono Trigger and the original Legend of Zelda.
4. What was the last thing that you ate? String cheese and diet Pepsi Vanilla.
5. Can you drive a stick shift? I am male. 'Nuff said.
6. If you were a crayon, what color would you be? The one missing from YOUR box that you desperately want to use right now to finish your picture. Hah, hah.
7 Last person you spoke to on the phone? My wife.
8. Do you like the person who sent this to you? I know them not, but they seem pretty cool.
9. How old are you today? 25
10. Favorite drink: Water? The liquid equivalent to door stop rye bread: dark, rich, full-bodied stout that you practically have to eat with a fork.
11. What is your favorite sport to watch? NFL football.
12. Have you ever dyed your hair? Yeah, I died it black once when I was 15. I haven't since.
13. Pets? None right now. When I get a place of my own, I will have a NewFoundland Elk Hound and a Scottish Fold cat.
14. What was the last movie you watched? Pirates of the Carribean: Dead Man's Chest. I was disappointed that there was no plot resolution.
15. Favorite day of the year? December 25.
16. What do you do to vent anger? Listen to heavy metal music and play violent video games.
17. What was your favorite toy as a child? My Super Nintendo.
18. What is your favorite fall or spring? Eternally, Autumn.
19. Hugs or kisses? Depends on who's giving, but I like kisses.
20. Cherries or Blueberry? Blueberries.
21. Living arrangements? An apartment with my Chicky. We'll celebrate 7 years married on Dec. 27.
22. When was the last time you cried? A couple of weeks ago.
23. What is on the floor of your closet? Lots of filthy clothes that I was supposed to wash this week.
24. What did you do last night? Drank beer and soaked in the hot tub (not at the same time).
25. Favorite smells? Anything associated with Thanksgiving/Christmas, pan-seared New York steak, my wife after she has sweatted a little (I love her natural musk).
26. What is your dream car? A fully-loaded Jeep Rubicon.
27. What are you afraid of? Failure, isolation, and creepy-crawlies.
28. Plain, cheese or spicy: Is this about pizza? If pizza, spicy. If burgers, none.
29. Favorite dog breed? See above, but also Labrador Retrievers.
30. Number of keys on your key ring? Home: 3. Home+Work: 8.
31. How many years at your current job? 0.75
32. Favorite day of the week? Saturdays
33. How many states have you lived in ? 3
34. Favorite holiday? Christmas
35. Ever driven a Motorcycle or heavy machinery? Does a moped count?
36. Who's your favorite NFL team? I used to be a huge 49er fan, until they abandoned Joe Montana with plenty of gas still in his tank. To go even lower, they ditched Jerry Rice with several productive years left for him. Now, I more root for individual players, but if I have to pick a team, I'm a Seahawks fan. They got screwed last year in the SuperBowl.
37. Do you have a house phone that is NOT cordless? Believe it or not, I do. Jen and I got one as a back up in case we had to make an emergency call if the power went out.
38. 10 inches of snow or 100 degree weather? Bad question, how about 20 inches of snow. I so badly want to move to Alaska!

I tag FlipFlopMamma, dapoppins, Liz, Kathy, and...some guy named Phil. Oh, and how about ~*SilverNeurotic*~ as some sort of official welcome? Wanna play along? Feel free to post your answers in my comments section.

Merry Christmas everyone. Celebrate the consolation of Israel and the whole world this season. He came that He might fully sympathize with His people. He knows our pain. He brought us hope and peace beyond comprehension. I can raise a glass to the comforting knowledge of that.

God Bless you all,

Jared J. King (KingJaymz, SilverJaymz, GoldenBoy, Skeletor...er, no wait, not the last one)

5 comments:

Kathy Brown said...

This is it! No more tags!

1. What is your occupation? Systems Analyst.

2. What color are your socks right now? That sort of funky lime green.

3. What are you listening to right now? The beautiful sound of silence.

4. What was the last thing that you ate? A real italian sub.

5. Can you drive a stick shift? I am woman, hear me roar, as I leave you in the dust!

6. If you were a crayon, what color would you be? Magenta.

7 Last person you spoke to on the phone? Daniela.

8. Do you like the person who sent this to you? Of course.

9. How old are you today? 45

10. Favorite drink: Coffee.

11. What is your favorite sport to watch? CFL football.

12. Have you ever dyed your hair? All the time.

13. Pets? Not currently.

14. What was the last movie you watched? Pink Panther

15. Favorite day of the year? December 25.

16. What do you do to vent anger? Can you spell road rage?? Not really, just kidding....

17. What was your favorite toy as a child? I remember some weaving loom thing and a Nite Brite in 2nd grade, but not much else.

18. What is your favorite fall or spring? Eternally, Autumn.

19. Hugs or kisses? Both.

20. Cherries or Blueberry? Both.

21. Living arrangements? Room & Board.

22. When was the last time you cried? A couple of weeks ago.

23. What is on the floor of your closet? Christmas bags, clothes, dust.

24. What did you do last night? Unfortunately, I began a really scary book, so I slept with the lights on.

25. Favorite smells? Green Thai Curry.

26. What is your dream car? One with Alberta plates. Of course, a nice sporty thing with Alberta plates would be GREAT!

27. What are you afraid of? Growing old, failure, boredom.

28. Plain, cheese or spicy: Spicy.

29. Favorite dog breed? I'm into the toy dogs these days.

30. Number of keys on your key ring? 5.

31. How many years at your current job? 0

32. Favorite day of the week? Any day I have off.

33. How many states have you lived in ? 7

34. Favorite holiday? Christmas

35. Ever driven a Motorcycle or heavy machinery? No

36. Who's your favorite CFL team? Eskimos.

37. Do you have a house phone that is NOT cordless? No.

38. 10 inches of snow or 100 degree weather? I'd have to say the 10 inches, but I'm not happy about it. Just can't take 100 degree weather!

majeau13 said...

Hey Jared. Thanks for always checking out my blog. you're a good dude. If I'm ever in your next of the woods (which I might be this summer for a week or two), we should definitly meet up for a coffee, or beer (that might not work. I'll be 18 which is legal in Alberta...but not in the US)

Anyways, have a wonderful holiday season.

Go Jets, and keep on blogging in the free world

-Marc

Trish said...

First time at your blog and your funny! I will bookark ya and be back!

~*SilverNeurotic*~ said...

Merry Christmas!

Looney Mom said...

Hmmm... I could have sworn that I left a comment days ago. Where did it go?

I remember saying something like "gross" to your sneeze thing, making a comment about Skeletor, and saying that I would get on this tag soon - I have several others to get to and I'm lazy and very behind.

So whatever...

I just wanted to say, MERRY CHRISTMAS, Friend!