Ah, Jared's Java. Pleasant taste. Slight Monsterism.

Welcome to the home of my mind, where I brew my intellectual and spiritual joe. Sit back and let me pour you a cup or two. I promise not to cut you off, even after you get the caffeine jitters.

Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Christmas: Day 9

NerdTests.com User Test: The Trekkie Test.

I had to take this as a fairly serious fan of Star Trek: Deep Space Nine. What does my rank mean? Well, here is what the website says:

You're either new to Star Trek, or you aren't a die hard fan. You watch it, but you don't retain episode titles or character's middle names. You see Star Trek as entertainment, to be enjoyed and then go on with your regular life.

I like that. It's official, I'm not a nerd. Phewww!

So, the long overdue link additions and info about them:

Dapoppins: A mom (I believe of 3, and if I'm wrong about that, I'm blaming you, Da, since that info isn't easily locatable on your blog) and wife in the US somewhere. She is a certified bibliholic with a charming and comical outlook on life. And she provides me with a lot of fodder to put hilarious comments on her blogs. She's funny and I feed off of that.

FlipFlopMamma(or FFM): She is a wife and mom of two (soon to be three), and somewhat of an ultra-environmentalist. If you like to think green livin', but also enjoy a really good chuckle about the hilarity of being a mom and pastor's wife, her's is the blog to go to.

Chelf Space: She is a good friend who goes by the nickname of "Chelf." She just started, so get over there and show her some moral support. She likes lexicology, so if interesting words are your thing, you'll enjoy her blog. You dig?

Oh, and today is Nine Ladies Dancing, standing for the nine fruit of the Holy Spirit: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, generosity, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control, ala Galatians 5:22. No...no, sermon on this one today. Just go out and do it.

6 comments:

Looney Mom said...

Well just for kicks, I went and took the test. Here are the results: R

Trekkiness: 81

This means you're: Lieutenant

What does it mean?

You watch one or two series, but you don't try to impress your neighbors with your trivia knowledge. You're a fan, but you try not to take it too far.

LOL!

The Flip Flop Mamma! said...

Well, I took the quiz, even though I don't think I've ever watched an episode....maybe heard it playing in the background when I was a kid...and because of this it said I was an ALien...LOL.


I thought the link you put for me was hilarious!!! Thanks!

The Flip Flop Mamma! said...

Jared, I saw the comment you left on Liz's blog....The "rule of thumb" is from years ago when men were allowed to beat their wives, but they couldn't beat them with anything wider than their thumbs. Nice huh?? LOL. I don't remember why I even know this. I googled it to make sure I was right, and I was :)

KingJaymz said...

Alright, now that last comment made me dig! That just sounded too crazy to be true! So I googled it, and here are some great link on the subject that pretty definitively contradict the "comes from legal wife beating" myth. Take a look:

http://www.debunker.com/texts/ruleofthumb.html

http://ask.yahoo.com/20030411.html

http://www.straightdope.com/columns/000512.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rule_of_thumb

http://www.worldwidewords.org/qa/qa-rul1.htm

http://www.phrases.org.uk/meanings/307000.html

Chelf said...

We ate dinner at Chili's on Friday night, and they said the "rule of Thumb" came from people brewing beer checking the temperature with their thumbs... so beer used to have some guy's dirty thumb in it. Yeah, that makes me want to go out and try to be a drinker, yep.

Da said...

didn't I leave a clever comment? I could have sworn I was here four days ago leaving a clever comment.