Ah, Jared's Java. Pleasant taste. Slight Monsterism.

Welcome to the home of my mind, where I brew my intellectual and spiritual joe. Sit back and let me pour you a cup or two. I promise not to cut you off, even after you get the caffeine jitters.

Thursday, January 11, 2007

Feeling Feral

I have really begun to realize how feral I have been feeling lately. But, suppose you stick a dog in a dark room for eight months, don't feed him, rap really hard on the door and scare the heck out of him when he least expects it, and occasionally poke him with a fire hot branding iron. What would the product be? I feel like that is a pretty close approximation to what I've been through over the last eight months. So many scars get left that it is hard to visualize things anew when it is needed. I'm not quite sure about what to do. I'm working hard to see things differently, as the situation is calling for it. My maturity has been called into question. It isn't really fair, but the fairness of the situation is something I can't control. I have held out in a job that any one of the other people I work with would have quit. I pray that whatever genuine effort I have given the Lord will receive as a sacrifice, an incense pleasing to his smell. May He even so much more of what I give over the next few weeks, and eventually months. I am going to have to draw out water deeper in my well of resources than I have since before I can remember. I hope that I can soon find a church body that will support me in this quest.

If you haven't been over to Liz's blog lately, please go. Her family really needs prayer right now...even more than I do. She's been so good to me that I owe her at least what little influence I might sway on this little space on the Internet to drive some much needed prayers to her family through her blog.

Oh, and thanks, Da, for bringing much needed levity to this space. You make me chuckle every time. If you don't know what I'm talking about, you should read my comments and leave a comment yourself. Heck, that is half the reason I even have a blog.

1 comment:

The Flip Flop Mamma! said...

Jared, seriously I don't think anyone should be in a job where he is so unhappy. Have you looked for another one?? I really don't think I know the whole background, but you seem so unhappy there. I would encourage my hubby to find employment elsewhere.