Ah, Jared's Java. Pleasant taste. Slight Monsterism.

Welcome to the home of my mind, where I brew my intellectual and spiritual joe. Sit back and let me pour you a cup or two. I promise not to cut you off, even after you get the caffeine jitters.

Tuesday, January 09, 2007

A Hard Day's Night

Just when I didn't believe that work could get worse. My co-worker went into the hospital last week to have emergency surgery. She ended up having most of her small intestine removed, got cut open from waist to sternum to have it done, and now has 25 staples holding her together. Wait, it gets better. She has to go back in 3 months to have surgery so that they can fix her permanately. I hurt for her. Please pray for her. Her name is Shannon.

This has intensified politics and made my work life close to nearly unbearable. There is a lot more baggage going on with that than I have time to write. It has sucked up all of my time and energy, hence why no post until just now. I really need prayer on this. I told someone who asked me about my situation today, "You cage a dog up in a dark room and don't feed it for six months, then suddenly severely molest it, what do you get?" Truly, it is by the grace of God that I am in the condition I am in now. I know that I could be worse. It is still a daily struggle to not just rip certain people a new one. They have spent the last eight months attempting to provoke me to do it. As I said before, I really need prayer right now.

Oh, and if you are a missionary I happen to support, please be patient as it will likely be late this month (and the left over from last month) as I attempt to keep my sanity.

4 comments:

The Flip Flop Mamma! said...

Wow. I'm praying for Shannon right now, that sounds horrible.

Sorry about you work situation. No fun when works not enjoyable.

Dapoppins said...

So, this is real Pacifisim in action, right! Not the cowerdice that some think, or the rejecting war from across an ocean, but the painful, graiting, daily, not killing someone you really want to kill. Reminds me of motherhood. (sorry, your post requires more levity) Sorry to hear about your coworker. MaN! that is going to talke a long time to recover from. Will be praying that she takes it easy and for support so that she can have a stress free recovery.

Delia said...

I'll be praying for both you and Shannon.

Kathy Brown said...

Wow. In a way, rough start to a new year, but I'm praying God turns that around.