Ah, Jared's Java. Pleasant taste. Slight Monsterism.

Welcome to the home of my mind, where I brew my intellectual and spiritual joe. Sit back and let me pour you a cup or two. I promise not to cut you off, even after you get the caffeine jitters.

Monday, January 15, 2007

A Little Good

It is amazing what being on a normal work shift has done for my mental health. They called late Friday and asked me to do day-shift for the next few weeks. I hope that I can find a way to make it permanent. I feel much better. I want to keep that rolling.

I am adding some links today. The first one is to a website that sells purses, totes, and checkbook covers made by under-privileged girls from Cambodia. The shop and program they work under is run by a missionary organization. So, if you see something you like, do a little good.

http://www.khmerkrafts.com/KhmerKrafts/Default.aspx

The second is to a piece of good news, which is rare on its own, but it is a pretty amazing story with a happy ending. I like stuff like that.

http://news.aol.com/topnews/articles/_a/camper-rescued-weeks-after-search-halted/20070115133809990001?ncid=NWS00010000000001

I get off at "Miller Time" tonight, so, though I'm not having a Miller, I will be happy to head home and relax with spouse and beer all the same.

Have a good day. I sure have.

4 comments:

The Flip Flop Mamma! said...

aaahh, blogger was having a mental breakdown for a moment, and I couldn't find your email addy...I was gonna email my comment. Anyway, I'm so glad you are happy at work. Hopefully it will become permanent..I will pray for that. Happy spouse and beer night!

~*SilverNeurotic*~ said...

I will check those links tomorrow. And thanks for the email, it was very nice. I will be responding to it in a few days as I'm a tad behind in my emailing (bad girl!). And no, I don't mind the link you added. :)

Looney Mom said...

Wow. That would be awesome if that became permanent. An evening at home with spouse and beer is good. Have fun.

Niki said...

I'll email you tomorrow, but wanted to say I too am glad about the temporary change and hope it becomes permanent.

You're awesome to point people to good causes J! I'll check that out tomorrow too.

Blessings little brother!