Ah, Jared's Java. Pleasant taste. Slight Monsterism.

Welcome to the home of my mind, where I brew my intellectual and spiritual joe. Sit back and let me pour you a cup or two. I promise not to cut you off, even after you get the caffeine jitters.

Tuesday, January 16, 2007

A Snapshot of Life

Today, I focused on living in the moment. One thing I truly struggle with is nearly constant anxiety about the future (which reminds me of SpongeBob SquarePants episode, but that's another story). Snow fell today. We got about three or four inches of the nice, fluffy white stuff. My current office has a seven foot-by-seven foot window that is at the perfect height for me to just sit back and peer out at the world from. I will worry less and enjoy more. As I watched the flakes fall, I felt a real comforting sense of joy for the moment. It is something I rarely achieve. I'll shoot for more tonight when Jen and I go out for a walk in it, and even more tomorrow as I revel in the moment that God gives me, as that is all that I know I have.

5 comments:

The Flip Flop Mamma! said...

I think there's gotta be a balance somewhere. I don't worry too much about the future, hence my major tendency toward procrastination. I worry about today, and notsomuch tomorrow, and then I put off things that I needed to get done before tomorrow. Not good. Anyway, I'm glad you're trying to live in the moment.

Chelf said...

FFM read my mind. I am a perfectionist, but also a procrastinator. Deadly combination, especially regarding household chores.

Enjoy the view, because the ride will be over all too soon.

Looney Mom said...

Ditto. I need to stay busy for Him though. I need to take in all the blessings and "revel in the moment" as well.

I'm glad you finally got some white stuff. Have fun in it!

~*SilverNeurotic*~ said...

I have to start focusing on "the future" namely going back to school.

Dapoppins said...

You got snow too? Imagine that! I sent the kids and out of school Dad out side and took a nap. It was a fantastic moment.