Ah, Jared's Java. Pleasant taste. Slight Monsterism.

Welcome to the home of my mind, where I brew my intellectual and spiritual joe. Sit back and let me pour you a cup or two. I promise not to cut you off, even after you get the caffeine jitters.

Wednesday, January 24, 2007

An Unintentional Holiday

I've been away, but I have been crazy busy. My job has kept me hopping, and that is a very good thing. I'm putting some intense time in working with the supported employees. I have had other responsibilities, too, but this is what has kept me hopping mostly.

I'm currently working on a presentation that is on Traumatic Brain Injury, also know by its acronym, TBI. What I'm finding is intensely interesting. If you're curious to learn more, visit http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/traumatic-brain-injury/DS00552, http://www.cdc.gov/ncipc/tbi/TBI.htm, http://www.tbiguide.com/, and also http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muhammad_Ali#Final_comeback_and_retirement. The last one on Cassius Clay (aka Muhammad Ali) is very enlightening. You'll dislike Don King even more (if it were possible).

In important news, KEEP PRAYING! IT'S WORKING! My supervisor is making some important official moves to enshrine me in the spot I'm currently in, permanently! So, thanks to many who have been faithful to lift me up before the Lord over the last weeks, months and year, and please continue.

I was sad that the New Orleans Saints aren't going to the Superbowl, but it'll make it that much easier to root for Tony Dungy, who is a good Christian family man that lost his son to suicide at playoff time last year, and Peyton Manning, who is one of the character quarterbacks and a reliable Sunday performer in the NFL. It is the Colts' year. I hope they beat the Bears. I'll root for them when they come back next year with Kyle Orton or Brian Griese (son of famed Miami Dolphins quarterback, Don Griese) at the helm instead of Rex Grossman, who has performed, well...gross, man, most Sundays this year. I'll feel good for Thomas Jones, Devon Hester, and especially Brian Urlacher, if the Bears win, but I just can't root for Rex Grossman. I suppose even the Griese and Orton will get rings if they win, I just want to see them do it.

That's all I have time for today. I gotta get to job coaching.

Blessings.

4 comments:

~*SilverNeurotic*~ said...

Nice to see you around again. I will def be checking out that stuff on TBI.

Last night I was glancing through an article about a football that committed suicide not too long ago, and as they are looking over the autopsy reports and stuff they are finding that there's a good indication that he was suffering from brain injury from playing football, which lead him to kill himself. Something to think about...guess those helmets are as good as we tend to think.

Dapoppins said...

I saved an article about a man who woke up from an extended coma...like years in the coma, when he was never expected to. He was stuck in the year he went into the coma, and had muscle issues, but other than that, he was lucid, and alive...anyway, I saved it (somewhere) because modern society would have us just pull the plug...!

glad you didn't pull the plug on the job. See, it is better when you manage not to kill anyone.

Tim said...

Jared
Hey, I am glad to hear that things are going well for you at work. I appreciated you praying for me in my struggles and am happy to rejoice with you in your successes. I will continue to pray for your good fortune at work. I am with you concerning the super bowl, if the Bengals can't be there go Colts.

Tim

Niki said...

Go Colts! (Here's the part when I tell you I can only name 2 players and the head coach.);) I lived in Indianapolis when Tony Dungy came on as head coach. I have to admit that the playoffs and the Superbowl are the only games I watch. We were for the Saints as well...oh well, I'll settle for The Colts beating 'Da Bears. I made a friend of mine a Colts fleece blanket once...it was pretty cool. At heart, I'm still a Cheddarhead.

Glad to hear about the job...let us know what happens! btw, I finally posted on the S, L, and M blog again. I'm still trying to get back into the swing of things.