Ah, Jared's Java. Pleasant taste. Slight Monsterism.

Welcome to the home of my mind, where I brew my intellectual and spiritual joe. Sit back and let me pour you a cup or two. I promise not to cut you off, even after you get the caffeine jitters.

Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Getting All Romantical

I don't know what to do for my wife for Valentine's Day. In the history of our marriage (because we have never known each other and NOT been married on Valentine's Day), I have tried hard to get her cool gifts. She always puts them away and never uses them. I have tried romantic, practical, fun, ad infinitum, and nothing seems to work. If I could beat the living tar out of myself out of frustration, I would. I love this woman, but I don't know what to do for her anymore. And it is mostly the same for birthdays, Christmas and all that, too. Don't ask about gift certificates, massages or a trip to a day-spa, either. So, here we are, a week off, and I still have not freakin' clue what to do.

I'm training a blind guy at work, right now. You never really realize how much we depend on our sight until you actually spend a lot of time working with someone who has no sight. It took almost three and a half hours to just get him oriented to the very simply laid out building I work in here. I have learned that nothing is simply laid out when you're blind, however. We took him along the routes he'd commonly travel, and got him familiarized with all that he needed to do to get in and out of the building. Yesterday, we were able to do some job training, and his performance was impressive. He was filling a box order at the same pace that the gal we have working here who isn't blind...and we're talking first day, never done this before type deal. He is so fun and interesting to be around. Though it is draining, I really enjoy it.

Well, I'm off. I've got to get ready for my people coming in.

3 comments:

Dapoppins said...

you might ask your wife what she would like. Just a thought. Or if she is like me, never ask, because it is a fun game drive my hubby nutts! Also, you might find out her "love language" (that's from a marriage book) it might be that the things that makes her feel most loved aren't material at all.
I think it is very cool that you get to meet and work with all differnt sorts of people.

Looney Mom said...

I have no idea. I'm happy with anything Tweety or chocolate covered caramel! I like Dapoppins' idea; check out that book on Love Languages. I'm female and I still haven't figured us out so don't feel bad man!

Niki said...

Make her a fabulous dinner, give her a massage, and rent a chick flick or two. Could you please call Benny and suggest the same to him? hehehe ;)

I agree with the other ladies - Great book! We had our first pre-marital counseling session with a couple Benny is going to marry this summer. (You know what I mean!) That was one of the "Must Read" books we suggested. The Five Love Languages by Gary Chapman. VERY enlightening stuff.