Ah, Jared's Java. Pleasant taste. Slight Monsterism.

Welcome to the home of my mind, where I brew my intellectual and spiritual joe. Sit back and let me pour you a cup or two. I promise not to cut you off, even after you get the caffeine jitters.

Monday, February 26, 2007

Liar, Liar Plants For Hire

That would be one of Patrick Star's better lines off of SpongeBob SquarePants. I love that cartoon. For those of you oldies who would know the better sitcoms of the late 80's and early 90's (like me), his voice is done by the guy who played Dauber (Bill Fagerbakke) on Coach, starring Craig T. Nelson and Jerry Van Dyke. I laugh even harder knowing it is him. My family watched Coach almost religiously. Funny, as my parents hated sports.

Anyway, as the line goes, I didn't deliver the big post like I said I would. My wife got very ill, and I had to take her to urgent care. I lost my writing mojo and just couldn't come up with a product I was satisfied with publishing. It wasn't because I didn't try. I wanted it to look a little more like an article than an essay. I'm trying to pull it off well. I will tell you that the title to the article is "Why Men Stare." I'll leave the rest up to your imagination.

As for "Havidol," Googling is cheating, people. It is like having the nerd at school do your homework for you. I was wanting to see you come to the conclusion on your own. You know, test your life knowledge, and all that. Poppins, you get an A for flattery. You thought I was smart enough to make that website by myself. Not often I hear my intelligence complimented like that. I'd give you a D for outing it to everyone else, but...well, you know.

Yes, "Havidol" is not a real drug. It was created by a marketing expert for a trade show to display their skills and talents. The subject matter was purely a spoof of what the pharmaceutical companies try to do to peddle their drugs. "Havidol" is a play on the modern ethic of our society that people must "have it all" or they are not acceptable. If you read the "Important Safety Information," it'd be completely clear. It is too funny because it is too true.

I wanted to send out a word requesting prayer for Liz. You should visit her blog for more info, but she has had a debilitating back injury for weeks now, and it is really starting to get her down. Please go by her blog and encourage her, too.

I'm going to give it another go this week to see if I can't spit out that post. Wish me luck.

7 comments:

Chelf said...

I hope that Jen is feeling better. Care for your family first, and blog later... we will wait.

~*SilverNeurotic*~ said...

I hope your wife is doing better.

Niki said...

O.K. Jared...
Since when is googling cheating? Wouldn't the smart thing to do be to gather all the information you need from all available sources, then after looking at it from several angles form your opinion? You didn't specify HOW you wanted everyone to do this. You just said to leave a comment telling you what we thought about the website. I didn't have time to check it out, so my thanks to DaPoppins for saving me precious time. We gain our own knowledge in many ways...we're not born with it all. Poppins deserves much more than a "D"! ;)

I hope Jen is doind much better today. I'll go on over to encourage Liz as well. How are YOU doing?

Looney Mom said...

I saw the site and knew it had to be a spoof. I didn't know what the mission was, I just went and looked at it. Pretty clever.

Thanks for your prayers, bro. I appreciate it more than you know. I hope Jen gets better soon and you don't get it too!

Delia said...

I hope Jen gets to feeling better soon.

Dapoppins said...

Hey now. WHERE IS MY GOLD STAR?

Dapoppins said...

gold star???