Ah, Jared's Java. Pleasant taste. Slight Monsterism.

Welcome to the home of my mind, where I brew my intellectual and spiritual joe. Sit back and let me pour you a cup or two. I promise not to cut you off, even after you get the caffeine jitters.

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Not The St. Valentine's Day Massacre

Well, I got my bases covered with the chick in my hen-house. A warm and loving Happy Valentine's Day to all the women who come by and check out my blog to make sure I haven't completely gone off the deep end. Thanks for the ducky rings and arm floaties you give me on a semi-regular basis. To the dudes...wait, are there any guys who ever come here?

I got the flowers yesterday because I refuse to pay the florist's highway robbery prices. My dad paid like $60 to have a dozen roses delivered to my mom's work today. Not only do I not have that kind of money right now, I'd rather deliver the flowers in person. I paid about $15 at Safeway for a really nice mixed bouqet, which Jen prefers over roses. I also got her some chocolate truffles from a luxury chocolatier (made by hand, not machine). Not many, just a small box. That's about all she likes to get, though. I left her a note that said, "A treat for my sweet. Let's pitch some woo" (one of her favorite lines from our favorite cartoon). I'll leave her laughing, and she likes that. Tonight, a steak dinner (New York cut) with roasted asparagus and mashed potatoes. It is both her and my favorite. She is actually responding decently to my romantic gestures this year. I find that encouraging.

Just a quick survey (please leave your response in the comment section) to see how many people care to hear my offensive take on the "history months" (like black, latino, native american, etc). Everyone who knows me knows that I am not a racist or for the prevention of advancement or witholding of freedom from any person for any reason other than their being guilty of commiting a crime, and that could be anyone of any color. I just have a different take on things, and if the people don't want to hear it, I'd prefer to spare myself the alienation and hate-mail it could cause.

5 comments:

Delia said...

Aww...you're such a sweetie to your Jen! I hope ya'll have a great Valentine's Day!

I, for one, would not mind at all hearing your take on "history months". If I agree with you, cool. If not, still cool. That's one of the great things about God's children...while we may not always have the same opinions we can still love one another. And if you get any hate-mail...just delete it. It can't bring you down if it's not there.

Looney Mom said...

That sounds like my kind of Valentine's Day. I hope you have a great one!

And sure I'd like to hear your take on the history months. Personally, I don't care for them myself. Not that you're too interested in my opinions these days anyway.

See ya around.

trespassers william said...

i would love to hear your take on the idiotic-black history, latino history, women's history, ad-nauseum history-months. this statement is coming from someone with a "hispanic" first, middle and last name. who has viewed himself as a member of the human race since day one-not a member of some "poor, under represented, minority" group. whatever happened to u.s. history? (no i usually don't use capitals)

Niki said...

Sounds like the vote is unanimous so far! Bring it on bad boy! ;) I promise not to send you any hate mail. LOL

Glad you and Jen had a great Valentine's Day!

Chelf said...

I also promise not to send hate mail. Debate ya any day, but no hate.

Happy Hokey Holiday to you both!