Ah, Jared's Java. Pleasant taste. Slight Monsterism.

Welcome to the home of my mind, where I brew my intellectual and spiritual joe. Sit back and let me pour you a cup or two. I promise not to cut you off, even after you get the caffeine jitters.

Thursday, February 22, 2007

Something HUGE, not big

I have an urgent prayer request. It is quite serious. We found out yesterday that the biological father of one of the girls that Jen and I have been mentoring has made contact with an attorney representing her current guardian, who she has known as her father for the last seven or so years of her life. He is currently living in New York, but he is threatening to locate and take her. What we've heard of him isn't at all good, but we have learned not to believe everything we hear (see Duped, as she was the girl mentioned in that post). We are concerned for her because she is a special needs child, and something like this happening at this crucial juncture in her life could easily set her off on the wrong course. She is a fragile person, and even more so because she appears to suffer from Fetal Alcohol Syndrome. Something like this could destroy her. It hurts to say, but it is true.

So I beg my friends, my Brothers and Sisters in the Lord, to lift up petition on her behalf. For the purpose of remaining anonymous, we'll call her Katie (which isn't far off from her real name). Please ask the Lord to protect her. It is incredibly crucial over the next seven days, but the risk will only be "reassessed" then. There is no guarantee that she will be safe at that time. There are people involved with the state who are moving quickly to protect where she is and to keep her there. Please pray that those things would move along supernaturally fast.

That big post will wait for the morrow.

Blessings

4 comments:

Dapoppins said...

heading off to the prayer closet...

Niki said...

Wow! Scary...I'll say a prayer for her right now. What about the brother?

Hope Jen is feeling better...I'm not - yet. :{

Delia said...

Sorry I'm a little late...but I'm praying now.

Looney Mom said...

Bummer. Praying for a Mighty Hand to move through this situation and fast!

BTW, I changed my blog - again - so hopefully no more crashing! Let me know.