Ah, Jared's Java. Pleasant taste. Slight Monsterism.

Welcome to the home of my mind, where I brew my intellectual and spiritual joe. Sit back and let me pour you a cup or two. I promise not to cut you off, even after you get the caffeine jitters.

Tuesday, March 13, 2007

I'm Lost

Well, it is official: I'm lost. Jen left on a business trip on Saturday, and I haven't been able to figure out what to do with myself. I've been married since I left home at age 18, so I am in this rythym of life with my help-meet. Whenever she's not around, I lose purpose and focus. Like a lost puppy wandering the streets of LA, I'm not sure where to go or what to do. That isn't to say that if I somehow lost Jen that I couldn't carry on with my life. It'd take a long time and a lot of work to get back on my feet, but I could get there. It's these short periods of separation that are murder. Not to mention the fact that I love her and miss her like crazy when she's gone.

Clumsy Ox's comment yesterday was right on. Unlike wine, where you can drink a whole bottle on your own (over the course of time) and not feel guilty for having drank it all, when you get a bottle of beer like Chimay or something special from Rogue, it isn't something you can keep to yourself. There is some sort of ingrained feeling in our beings (those of us who enjoy beer, anyhow) that tells us we won't really enjoy it unless we share it. I couldn't drink a who bottle of Angelique without sharing it. It just must be given to be enjoyed. So buy a two pint bottle of Sheaf Australian stout, and enjoy it with a friend or two (or three). You'll be glad you did.

Well, I'm out for the day. I'm whooped and I have too much to do for the rest of the day. As for my blogger buddies that haven't posted in over five days, c'mon people, get to it! Is you is or is you ain't a blogger? I wouldn't usually say something, but I could name off three right now that haven't done that, and I could name off more who haven't been very consistent over the last month or so. It is odd to have so many people off. You're throwing off my groove, people. You're supposed to help make up for my slacking! When everyone is kinda slacking, I feel, well...a little bit lost.

Blessings

3 comments:

~*SilverNeurotic*~ said...

I think it's sweet how you feel lost without your wife around.

As for the blogging thing...I've noticed that as well with a lot of the people on my blogroll. It's kind of sad since I really do look forward to reading their blogs and there just hasn't been anything new to read.

Delia said...

I'm the same way when my husband isn't at home. Even with the kiddos to take care of there's this feeling of being lost without him there.

I'm such a slacker most of the time on blogging I especially look forward to reading others blogs but like you said there are quite a few not posting like they usually do. It's throwing me off too.

Chelf said...

Sorry!!!!!! (Quote from "Emperor's New Grove") Beware the groove.... Grooooove! So go and defenestrate me now, why don't you?

I got busy. So there!

Ever seen Oliver and Company? I keep thinking about the song, "Why should I worry?" while I was reading your post.

And I have some Bailey's now that has chocolate and mint in it, YUM-O. I am in cordial heaven.