Ah, Jared's Java. Pleasant taste. Slight Monsterism.

Welcome to the home of my mind, where I brew my intellectual and spiritual joe. Sit back and let me pour you a cup or two. I promise not to cut you off, even after you get the caffeine jitters.

Friday, April 27, 2007

Can't Stop Doing The Bloggy


The above cartoon is very reminiscent of how I feel about this weekend's trip to the coast. I look forward to getting away and not having to think about blogging for a few days, as much as I love it. I'm sure I will be refreshed after a break. But, on the other hand, I'm completely sure that all I'll be able to think about when something cool happens is "That will make an awesome blog entry!!" I'm sure it's going to be great. I'll fill you in when I get back.

How do you get charged with second-degree aggravated unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle? Was he angry? Forgive my simplicity, but the guy either had a license or he didn't. If there was no valid license, he drove without one. But, that just sounds so freakin' convoluted. Much like his stories about grabbing the wrong bag and it being his girlfriend's gun when he was with the Portland Jailblazers. Some people never change.

Ken Griffey Jr just passed Reggie Jackson for 10th spot on the "most homeruns of all time" list. I hold Griffey up as an example in the Bonds era. He was a punk who gave no one, including the media, any respect when he came into the league. Now, he's mature and acknowledges those around him who have made him a success in baseball for the last 20 years. He has fought with his body as it goes to pieces on him over the last 6 years. He hasn't had nearly the production he once did offensively because of his age. Yet, Barry Bonds is still a jerk who blames everyone but himself for his problems and is still producing many homeruns thanks to human growth hormone and designer steriods. Griffey took the high road in life. He made the right decision while Bonds made the wrong one. Now Bonds is being rewarded for his poor moral decisions and Griffey is being punished for what he is trying to make right in life. At least I will always remember Ken Griffey Jr as the better natural player (man could he hit homers in his heyday) who was a better man, too.

I know I've done a few memes lately, and I'm honestly not sure why. They seem like good ideas at the time. This one comes courtesy of Ba Doozie, and she has great hair (at least that's what she says that some people tell her). It is a five question interview thingy. If you want me to interview you, let me know in your comment, and I'll send you five questions for you to answer on your blog. I'd appreciate a link back, but I won't require one. And I know some of my readers are looking for softball posts because they haven't been writing hardly anything lately.

Interview me(me):

1. What size of tires were on your first car?
I want to say 185/70s. I can't remember. I just remember shelling out $250 for new tires at Les Schwab and thinking, "I only paid $200 for this abandoned '74 Ford Maverick!"

2. If we looked in your trunk today, what would we find?
A bunch of discarded plastic bags used to ship clean room uniforms. It's free packing material to ship out some stove top espresso makers. One for Delia ;)

3. Do you have stinky feet? and if so what do you plan to do about it?
I shower.

4. If you have an mp3/ipod turn it on shuffle, go to the 20th song and tell us what it is.
Uh, iShower? Actually, I don't have an iPod or MP3 player. I've been telling myself I should get one for the longest time, but I always have more important things to buy. Like a nice chef's knife (say that five times fast, lol). The twentieth song on the theoretical iPod: Purple Toupee by They Might Be Giants. Istanbul (not Constantinople), also by them, would probably be number one.

5. If we asked your wife what your most annoying habit is what would she say and would you agree?
I think she would probably say popping my knuckles. I think that is probably about right. I can't think of anything else that I think would trump that.

Have a great weekend. Blessings.

6 comments:

Delia said...

Okay, I can take a hint AND I'm game to be interviewed. Only no really hard big thinking questions, okay? lol.

Have a good trip to the coast!

Anne said...

I want to be interviewed - I think. Have fun this weekend. Love the pictures above.

R said...

I won't make you interview me because you have lots of people that will respond and someone has to duck out. So, that said, you should get an ipod at some point, they are great. I love mine. I find though that I mostly have Brit pop on it. (not TMBG---I hate them and I am actually nice about it though...I won't bite).

Next, I know nothing of baseball, but I am glad others like it so well.

And then next of all, have a good weekend.

trespassers william said...

i just wanted to comment on your "second-degree aggravated unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle" statement. what did you expect when we have a government that excepts the line "i forgot they were there" from a traitor (sandy burglar-oops burger) that stuffs classified documents in his pants and socks? i mean come on, how can you forget that you stuffed highly classified documents in your underwear and socks and then walk out with them?...oh well what else can be expected from a clinton operative.

Looney Mom said...

You don't have an MP3 player? Everyone in this house has one; I feel bad now.

You can interview me - me! Be nice.

Chelf said...

I have been silent on the net because I have been too noisy in real life. Sorry.

Ok, I am answering the interview here.

1. I had a car, and I know it had tires. What more do you want?

2. Which Car? The Malibu has average stuff... squeegee, sun shade and trash tossed there from the cab so that we can have guests transported in the car. The Buick has my Christmas tree in the trunk, as well as the other stuff. Oh, and cat litter for snow traction in both.

3. I have sweaty feet from my dad. I wash them, and wear socks, if I wear shoes. I usually go barefoot. Not stink, but dirt!

4. No such gizmo in my house. I have a radio, I listen to talk.

5. Hubby (not wife) would probably be gracious, and not tell you a bad habit. And Yes, I would agree with that. :-)