Ah, Jared's Java. Pleasant taste. Slight Monsterism.

Welcome to the home of my mind, where I brew my intellectual and spiritual joe. Sit back and let me pour you a cup or two. I promise not to cut you off, even after you get the caffeine jitters.

Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Post #84 by inmate #01211981-C

So with this post, I have equaled the amount of posts I had put up on my old blog at "Big J's Little Blog." I've been a little slower in getting stuff up here, but I've also had real work for the majority of the time I've had this blog. "Big J's" was a place I spent much of my time when I was just baby-sitting the uniforms in the other building and had, quite literally, nothing better to do.

I'll be celebrating my one year blogging anny on May 21st. Maybe I should give something away. I'll have to think about that.

Well, not much else today. So, I'm posting this meme that I got from beanie's site:

LIST FOUR SENTENCES YOU'VE NEVER SAID BEFORE:
1. Yes, I'd like an O'Doul's please.
2. You don't have O'Doul's? Alright, I'll settle for a Sharp's.
3. Hillary for president is the best thing that could happen to America!
4. Why, yes, I'd love to work more overtime at my frustrating job because my boss can't plan competently.

LIST ANY NUMBER OF SONG TITLES THAT DESCRIBE HOW YOU'VE FELT THIS WEEK:
1. Celebrate Good Times: Kool and the Gang (I just finished my last class for my bachelor's degree, so I have an excuse)
2. For Those About to Rock (We Salute You): AC/DC
3. Amazing Grace: John Newton
4. He Lives: Alfred H. Ackley

IMAGINE YOU'RE HAVING THE IDEAL PERFECT DAY. WHAT FOUR THINGS WOULD YOU BE DOING?
My ideal perfect day would have nothing to do what I could be doing, but here's my next best shot under that rule (my spouse's presence is a given, if anyone thinks they need to ask about that):
1. Landing a job that is fulfilling and pays $100,000/yr
2. Eating good steak and barbecue (real barbecue, meaning not grilling and not New England style) with my favorite wine or beer
3. Driving my new Jeep Unlimited 4-door Rubicon on a road trip
4. Spending time on a sailboat somewhere

MAKE UP FIVE CREATIVE NAMES FOR A NEW ROCK BAND:
1. The Young White Male Republicans
2. Decoupage Domination
3. Thuh Grayt Spellurz
4. The Butt Weasels
5. The Guys from the Beach Who Hate Everybody (bonus points if someone knows where that is a reference from) anyone who read the answer on beanie's blog yesterday is disqualified from answering the bonus question.

CONGRATULATIONS! YOU GET TO GO BACK IN TIME AND ENSURE THAT THREE SONGS WERE NEVER WRITTEN, THUS SPARING HUMANITY FROM EVER HAVING TO HEAR THEM. WHAT THREE SONGS WOULD GET THE AXE?
1. Achy Breaky Heart: Billy Ray Cyrus (as Weird Al's version goes: Don't play that song/that achy breaky song/I just can't stand it any mo/Cause if you play that song/that achy breaky song/I might blow up the radio)
2. Every thing by Shania Twain, but I'd pick "Any Man of Mine" if I had to choose one
3. The Barney "I love you" song

Yesterday I had, "Whatever the first rap genre song was that started it all" as my #3, but I think the Barney song justifiably tops it. Besides, I'd miss Run/DMC. I always loved their stuff. Rap is finally showing itself out the door of the music industry, anyhow. The violence and sexuality of most rap lyrics is unparallelled, but it doesn't even compare to the violent urges I still feel to this day when I hear the Barney song.

Oh, and I'm tagging everybody for the meme. That way when nobody participates, you can all point fingers at each other. Won't I be such a great parent?

4 comments:

Beanie said...

There is such a ton of rappers out there, how can that industry possibly support anymore? They ALL sound the same!!

Delia said...

I must hide my head in shame while typing this but...

I used to love Billy Ray Cyrus' Achy Breaky Heart. (Notice I say "used" to.) I still like some Billy Ray Cyrus songs, like Some Gave All but Achy Breaky Heart lost it years ago.


Thuh Grayt Spellurz...hahahah, this was too great!

Chelf said...

How can you not love the Barney song? Without it, you could not parody it... silly boy.

I love you,
You love me,
We both hate Barney,
With a shotgun blast and
Barney's on the floor,
No more Purple Dinosaur!

I would take out... I Will Always Love You written by Dolly Parton, and made popular by Whitney Houston. That terrible misuse of paper and note went on to become the most requested Love song of all time. And it wasn't a love song, it was a GOODBYE song. Stupid public.

Citizen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.