Ah, Jared's Java. Pleasant taste. Slight Monsterism.

Welcome to the home of my mind, where I brew my intellectual and spiritual joe. Sit back and let me pour you a cup or two. I promise not to cut you off, even after you get the caffeine jitters.

Monday, April 23, 2007

Read It, Write It, It's All The Same


(Just click on the comic above if it isn't large enough for you to read)

Kicking the week off with a nod to Sublime, dare I tempt you with the incredibly interesting details and fascinating deals I got at Costco this week? I know you're all dying to hear about the screaming deal I got on a set of Sonicare toothbrushes.

Seriously though, I'm impressed. Those things really get your teeth clean like going to a dental hygenist. And it gets rid of all of the stink in your breath. Pretty impressive stuff. I'm glad I got it.

I bought a professional grade chef's knife this weekend at my local restaurant supply store. It is freaking amazing. To have a sharp knive to work with makes so much of a difference. It has cut prep time for cooking in half. Jen told me that she bought it for me because she loves me, but I'm going to make her really happy that she got that for me. I'm dying to get in the kitchen and cook now. Whole chickens and roasts don't stand a chance.

I didn't get to bed until late last night, so I'm incredibly tired. I'll do another post if my brain fog lifts.

5 comments:

clumsy ox said...

Yup. A good knife makes all the difference. Sadly, it tends to make you a knife snob too... we're now fanatically devoted to Henckels four- and five-star blades now.

Looney Mom said...

Oh man. I want to scream "Don't eat that sandwich!" Yuck.

I totally hear you on the knife thing. GOTTA have a BIG SHARP knife - or 5 - to work with.

~*SilverNeurotic*~ said...

That comic reminded me of this girl I met at my college. She was talking to my friend about killing goldfish for a Bio experiment and she turns and asked me if I had ever done an experiment like that and I deadpanned and told her that I belong to Peta. She didn't even know what Peta was.

I didn't care much for her.

Dapoppins said...

Gee, I bet your a real cut-up with the new knife! Bawhahahaha! I am so funny...!

R said...

I shamefully admit that I adore Costco. I spend way too much cash there.