Ah, Jared's Java. Pleasant taste. Slight Monsterism.

Welcome to the home of my mind, where I brew my intellectual and spiritual joe. Sit back and let me pour you a cup or two. I promise not to cut you off, even after you get the caffeine jitters.

Thursday, May 03, 2007

Any Old Business?.. Any New Business?..


I just realized that I celebrated my one year blogging anny one month early. It's May 21st, not April 21st. Way to keep things straight, eh? I will not be retracting the prize or doing a new giveaway. You'll all just have to pretend to be happy for me when the day rolls around.

Speaking of milestones, last post was my 100th post on this blog. Hurray-ah for me-ah! I'll have 200 shared posts between my new and old blog when I score my 116th here.

I decided to start up a new blog. After seeing these articles and websites about the subject. I haven't posted yet, but you can still check out the template design here. More to come over there. If you don't know what I'm talking about and it all seems very vague, then you didn't check out the links in this paragraph. Go do that.

Today, I am featuring a member of my blogging entourage. He's new to my links, but I've been interacting with him on and off for some time. Please give a warm greeting to Clumsy Ox. He is a Canadian who currently lives in Dixie land with his wife and kids. He has to be one of the more interesting people around the internet. On his personal blog, Ox Tale Soup, he talks about just about everything. Food and beer, to family and personal life details. He always keeps it interesting and fun over there. I find a lot of his topics stimulate me to participate in fun things I wouldn't have thought of otherwise. You just have to see it.

His other blog, The Deeper Truth, is a blog about God, the Bible, the Church and doctrine. He comes from a Plymouth Bretheren background, which is relatively rare and gives a different (though no less "orthodox" theologically) perspective on things. Mind you, he didn't name his blog "The Deeper Truth," I just came up with that. He is willing to be incredibly honest about his life, faith and doctrine, and that is what is necessary to get at the deeper truth on any level. We've been having some great discussions over there lately about justification by faith alone. Care to join in?

He also has a very interesting blogging family. His sisters, Shan and Gwen are great bloggers, too.

I know you're all going to start throwing full bottles of wine at your computer screen now, but that's all I have for today. Yes, that's all I've got. Sorry, no refunds.

14 comments:

Ames said...

Is it possible that you and Mr. Ox are long lost twins?

KingJaymz said...

Hah! I should only be so lucky to be from such great stock (really bad joke, I know). I suppose we'll find out the next time you guys make it up this way.

Delia said...

I've heard of people using the Dance games but never a Wii. Interesting. I might have to look into the Wii as our next buy. But, if I bought it for that purpose it would do the same as every single piece of exercise equipment I own and collect dust. And of course, Hoola, being the video game addict who is frustrated by his time limits that he is, would try to turn the tables and put me on time restriction as well.

Eh, who am I kidding? I'm just too lazy. But I am looking forward to reading your new blog.

R said...

Working out with video games? That's new and interesting. At least it keeps you entertained while burning those cals.

I just run. Plain and simple.

Ames said...

Speaking of exercise/health, I picked up a box of Steel Cut Oats. Mr. Ox and I will let you know the outcome.

Anonymous said...

Remember to post pictures of yourself excercising. Yeah...that would be...good.

P.S. You actually can post with Word. I did it. I am so impressed with myself.

Dapoppins said...

I was trying to sign that: smarty poppins.

But it wouldn't work.

~*SilverNeurotic*~ said...

I passed my one year blogging anniversary at my first blog sometime last month.

ablondeblogger said...

Sounds like something I would do! My blog anniversary is this month, too, but I don't know what day (and am too lazy to go look, lol)

My wedding anniversary was April 21st though. That's probably what you meant to remember! :)

Chelf said...

Funny to me... Nintendo was the likely cause of many weight problems, when kids stopped going outside. Now Wii want to fix it?

Let me know if it works. I am still wondering if we should buy one. I can play tennis, golf and bowling on my friends' Wii. But I should be walking and going and doing outside, so what is best?

Good luck.

trespassers william said...

no i haven't given up on townhall, but i noticed that many people from blogger don't go to townhall. anyways, i never thought of having an anniversary for when i started blogging...of course i haven't been consistent at it until recently.

Shan said...

I suppose this is where I delurk to say a formal "hello"...thanks for the mention.

And I must say that I miss being introduced as "Mark's sister"...it used to irritate me growing up, but now I realize that all glory, even the reflected kind, is baskable. So I bask away.

Niki said...

Oh brother...Is that your argument for a gaming system? lol

I hope you do better keeping up with two blogs than I do! ;)

Gwen said...

Gosh... imagine my surprise when I stumbled over here, and saw a link to my very own blog. Amazing. Thanks for mentioning me.