Ah, Jared's Java. Pleasant taste. Slight Monsterism.

Welcome to the home of my mind, where I brew my intellectual and spiritual joe. Sit back and let me pour you a cup or two. I promise not to cut you off, even after you get the caffeine jitters.

Friday, May 18, 2007

Eye Herpes

So, I don't have eye herpes. I saw a nurse (for free, ^o^) who made me an immediate appointment with an optometrist. So, I went and saw him and he put this crap in my eyes which stung really bad initially, but then they went numb. It felt like I had this blank spot in my head where my eyeballs were, but I could still see. He worked me up thoroughly, and he pushed this thingy on my eyes that tested them for glaucoma. I don't have glaucoma. But then my eyes hurt in a way so weird I can not describe it. Diagnosis: I don't have eye herpes, but I have a minor infection. My body was doing an alright job fending it off by itself, but he gave me this Vaseline based stuff that is an anti-biotic ointment. I have to put it in my 3x a day for 4 or 5 days. It blurs my vision for about 30 minutes, so I'm trying to do plenty of driving around directly after I put it in ^_* It hurts, but I'll do anything to get rid of it. It just looks weird. I'd take a picture to post here, but I'm not that ghoulish. Besides, it's already mostly subsided, so you couldn't see much of it anyhow.

I've been cooking a lot lately. I'm really enjoying it. I baked chicken thighs in BBQ sauce, steamed some broccoli and made Mediterranean curry couscous yesterday. Today, it is crockpot London Broil in Carribean Jerk sauce with sweet corn on the cob and yukon gold potato wedges with Taco Bell taco seasoning (the packets you buy at the store near the instant gravy) and some garlic baked with olive oil for browning and flavor. So who wants to be my friend now???

A shout out to all my peoples. Have a great weekend.

Jared

8 comments:

Dapoppins said...

I will be your friend. Make enough for six. Kay?

Glad you don't have eye herpes...how do you get that? I am afraid of the answer. Don't tell me.

Delia said...

I'll be your friend.

Just don't EVER mention to my family that such foods exist because if you do they'll all band together for a mutiny.

ablondeblogger said...

This happened to my son! An infection in his gland. He had to do the drops, too, but the thing that worked best was a warm compress for about fifteen minutes several times a day. It was better the very next day after doing that regimen. Hope you feel better soon!

~*SilverNeurotic*~ said...

Glad your eye is okay. I actually knew someone that had eye herpes though...nasty stuff.

Shan said...

'Kay, major ick factor here.

My favourite part is "my body was doing an alright job of fighting it by itself [for free] but the doctor [God-complex-inflicted MD] decided to administer some [pain-inducing] antibiotic ointment [not free] which I use 3X a day for 4-5 days [just long enough for the conjunctivitis to clear itself up and "hey, that ointment sure worked great!"]."

__________________

Wow, now that I'm reading that over it sure sounds cynical. (I think I like it.)

R said...

Sounds good. Bummer you can't rub off on Elysium or A Living Text guy, or whatever he is. Dear Sir.

Glad your eye is figured out.

And couscous tastes like cat food. Just thought I would let you know...

Looney Mom said...

Ewwww... I'm glad your eye is getting better though. And yummy dinner. Not sure about the Taco Bell seasoning, but whatever floats your boat. ;)

Chelf said...

I will be your friend, especially if you don't have that eye infection anymore, and you do come to OK to cook for me and the Hubby. He wouldn't eat much of it anyway, but hey, we can try new foods.

I agree with "r" that couscous tastes like cat food. Even my cats wouldn't eat it.