Ah, Jared's Java. Pleasant taste. Slight Monsterism.

Welcome to the home of my mind, where I brew my intellectual and spiritual joe. Sit back and let me pour you a cup or two. I promise not to cut you off, even after you get the caffeine jitters.

Thursday, May 10, 2007

He Talks Forever About Stuff And Is Obsessed With Cleanliness...big problem.


I haven't much for you today. I had to go in to urgent care last night with Jen. I was there right after I got off of work at 4:30 until about 8:40. She has a kidney infection (on top of her UTI she was diagnosed with on Tuesday), so she is home today resting. I feel bad for her. But, all in all, I didn't get to bed until almost 10 last night, so I'm pretty comatose today (having woken up at 4:00am, as per usual).

Since I am, I'll give you this little tidbit. I was inspired to find out more about Winnie the Pooh after learning that my blog (and real-life) friend Trespassers William got his blogging handle from there. I had no idea that A.A. Milne was the author of the Pooh stories. I knew him for other things. Today, I'll leave you with his poem, Vespers. Christopher Robin is his son's name, so he's not borrowing from Pooh, but Pooh borrowed from him.


Vespers

Little Boy kneels at the foot of the bed,
Droops on the little hands little gold head.
Hush! Hush! Whisper who dares!
Christopher Robin is saying his prayers.

God bless Mummy. I know that's right.
Wasn't it fun in the bath to-night?
The cold's so cold, and the hot's so hot.
Oh! God bless Daddy - I quite forgot.
If I open my fingers a little bit more,
I can see Nanny's dressing-gown on the door.
It's a beautiful blue, but it hasn't a hood.
Oh! God bless Nanny and make her good.

Mine has a hood, and I lie in bed,
And pull the hood right over my head,
And I shut my eyes, and I curl up small,
And nobody knows that I'm there at all.

Oh! Thank you, God, for a lovely day.
And what was the other I had to say?
I said "Bless Daddy," so what can it be?
Oh! Now I remember it. God bless Me.
Little Boy kneels at the foot of the bed,
Droops on the little hands little gold head.
Hush! Hush! Whisper who dares!
Christopher Robin is saying his prayers.

7 comments:

Delia said...

I've always loved that poem.

I hope Jen has some good antibiotics to help her and she feels much better soon. And I hope you get some rest.

Emma Sometimes said...

Praying for Jen. Hope she feels better soon!!

Ames said...

Our whole family LOVES the A.A. Milne stories and poems. "The World of Pooh" is just hilarious. Milne was truly talented. Read them! The title from my blog comes from his poem "The Doctor and the Dormouse". I have been meaning to blog about the "true" Pooh, as opposed to the Disney perversion. There is just no comparison

Looney Mom said...

Oh no. Poor sweet Jen. Praying for a speedy recovery. Take good care of her. Of course you will. As if. ;)

And how cold you not know that AA Milne wrote Winnie the Pooh? So sweet.

Ames said...

You can read the stories on-line. I put a link on my blog, (if you didn't see it already)

Dapoppins said...

It's Winnie "ther" Pooh, thank you very munch.

Ames said...

Wow! Dapoppins, you know your Pooh. I was afraid to use "ther", because someone would think I didn't know how to spell "the". I'm impressed.