Ah, Jared's Java. Pleasant taste. Slight Monsterism.

Welcome to the home of my mind, where I brew my intellectual and spiritual joe. Sit back and let me pour you a cup or two. I promise not to cut you off, even after you get the caffeine jitters.

Monday, May 14, 2007

La laa lalalala, Laa la lalala


I loved playing the Oregon Trail on those Apple IIe's the school had when I was a kid. I'd buy tons of ammo before my party left Independence, MO. Then, on the trail, when I'd get sick of everyone dying of "the cholera" or dysentary, I'd enter a request to go hunting. Did I need the meat? Not usually. I was just bored and knew I'd inevitably lose. But I sure was a great shot! The pixelated carnage of all that meat I couldn't carry back was such a rewarding site to behold. Take that computer generated nature!! Hey, I think that deer on the lower-right is Bambi's mom! Cooooooooool.

Speaking of the 80's: A Smurf fantasy come true! We could all be living in real life mushroom houses in the not-so-distant future!

This article really says it:

Techies shunned as workers fix own IT problems

I don't know about you, but I detest calling IT. Often, they are arrogant and rude. It's like they think they're a god of some sort just because they can fix the technology we use. They come around throwing dork language all over the place without caution, as if it somehow proves their coolness. "Careful there, Geek jr. You could put an eye out!" Not all are like that. I have a few friends in IT. But most I've met are of the "I'm a geek-god. You will worship me for my services" mentality.

Not a lot of comments lately. Would someone kindly let me know if I'm doing something wrong or not doing something I was doing that I should still be doing? Comments have gone downhill since my post about being post-evangelical. Have I made new enemies unbeknowst to myself by my proclomation??

Well...I'm stuffed, as Ed would say.

11 comments:

clumsy ox said...

Embrace your post-evanglicalness, bro. It's one of the things I love and admire about you.

Oregon Trail was after my time, I think. In fact, when I was getting ready to graduate high school, someone showed me a 3.5" floppy disk, and I thought it was a "hard disk". D'oh! Now I make a living as a programmer...

KingJaymz said...

No-no-no-no-no-no. I'm far from announcing my post-evangelical status. I'm firmly in that camp. I'm just wondering if maybe nobody wants to come around now. Like they're afraid I'll say something mean about where they go to church or if they might get "anti-evangelical leprosy" by touching a computer that brings up my blog (don't ask me where I come up with this stuff, I just follow the pops and buzzes in my brain).

Those 3.5's aren't "hard disks"? They're floppy? Well, when I throw them at people, they tell me they're hard! But I can never get used to the smaller drive sizes. I now have to fold up my old 5"ers just to get them to fit in there, now. -_-'

~*SilverNeurotic*~ said...

I've been on a self imposed blogging break. That's why I've not been around.

I loved Oregon Trail. I can't remember if I was ever any good, but it was a good way to waste time in computer class. Believe it or not, we got graded on playing those games. Gotta love the Public School System.

Emma Sometimes said...

oh, I'm going to post on that subject. Taboo subjects. Great fun.

I still read if that makes you feel any better.

Dapoppins said...

In reverse:
1.What subject is Emma going to post on? 2. I thought they were all considered floppy! 3. What causes anti-evangelical leprosy? Do I have it? How would I know? Is there a rash?

KingJaymz said...

1. Good question, wouldn't you like to know? 2. They are, but no one calls them floppy when I throw one at them. 3. Thinking outside the box of our current culturally influenced church structure (probably brought on by playing all of that "Oregon Trail" in grade school and being a "hunter without a cause")./ No, you go to a "regular" church./ Most people who go to a "regular" church stare at you as if you're crazy, generally avoid you, and insinuate that you may be involved in something heretical./ Heaven help us, I hope not! Though my butt has itched a little more lately...but that could just be hemorrhoids *^_^*

Looney Mom said...

Uhmmm... ok then. Hemorrhoids? TMI!

I've just been lazy about making rounds. I get side-tracked. I wind up catching up every few days. I'm still here. I ain't going nowhere!

Delia said...

This thing ate my big long comment. So I'm condensing it...

I'm still here. Like Liz, not going anywhere. End of school year. 1 kid graduating college. 2 kids graduating high school. Other kids have too many programs. Really busy. Too rushed to comment most times.

Anne said...

I guess I missed the post-evangelical "post". Like Emmers, I read... it takes too long to type something sometimes. I see you FINALLY made it over my way recently.

Ames said...

I,personally, have been very careful to wipe down the computer and monitor with bleach after reading your blog. That and the rubber gloves. . .

Niki said...

You should know by now that I'm a finicky blogger. ;) I'm not going anywhere either...though I've been a bit lazy in my blogging the last few..o.k. 6 months. What's my problem?

I LOVED Oregon Trail! Then there was the assignment when we learned how to "write" a Christmas tree in computer language. Sooooo educational. I use that skill all the time. And people wonder why I homeschool. ;)

Which post was the post-evangelical one? I can't remember. I probably wouldn't have been offended since I don't go to "regular church".

And quit worrying about the number of comments you get! You get way more than I do and I've been blogging ALOT longer than you! ;)