Ah, Jared's Java. Pleasant taste. Slight Monsterism.

Welcome to the home of my mind, where I brew my intellectual and spiritual joe. Sit back and let me pour you a cup or two. I promise not to cut you off, even after you get the caffeine jitters.

Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Tagged


I got hit up by Delia, the winner of my blog anniversary contest (that happened one month early because I'm a numbskull), to do this meme. It's an 8 random facts thingy, and it's all you're getting today. So clean up your plate.


  1. I've been brewing beer since I was 12 or 13.

  2. I like the old Red Hot Chili Peppers. I think their new stuff stinks. They haven't been good since the mid 90's, though some stuff off of their most recent album is acceptable.

  3. I've driven cross-country twice. Both were pretty awesome road trips.

  4. On my first one, I got stuck in a snow storm in Arizona. Snow is not exactly the first thing most people think of when they think of Arizona.

  5. I drive an old, kinda beat up 1985 Toyota Celica.

  6. I love that car, and don't want to give it up for anything. It gets 30 miles to the gallon on the freeway.

  7. I'm at least email friends with all the people in my links, and some are missionaries that Jen and I financially support.

  8. I like blogging because it is truly the one place in this world I don't generally feel socially awkward and feel like I truly belong.

I'd tag someone, but I'm not like that. I don't like putting someone in the situation where they have to decide whether to meet an unspoken, "social" e-obligation or offend by not participating. I don't mind, generally, but you all know what I did with the Thinking Blogger Awards I got tagged with. If someone would like to participate, you do 8 random facts about yourself. Please leave a comment down below to let me know if you do it.

8 comments:

Dapoppins said...

"I'd tag someone, but I'm not like that. I don't like putting someone in the situation where they have to decide whether to meet an unspoken, "social" e-obligation or offend by not participating."

Now just who are you refering too, I wonder?

Ba Doozie said...

so what is your favorite red hot chili peppers song?

the nickname is just fine, its a wrap!

Delia said...

"I'd tag someone, but I'm not like that. I don't like putting someone in the situation where they have to decide whether to meet an unspoken, "social" e-obligation or offend by not participating."

Umm...yikes! Sorry for the tag. I didn't mean to make you feel socially e-obligated at all. AND anytime you feel like I'm putting you in a situation like that, just tell me to quit it.

~*SilverNeurotic*~ said...

I'm the opposite, I like the newer RHCP stuff a lot more than the old stuff. I have all their albums, but probably only listen to Blood Sugar Sex Magik, Californication, By the Way and Stadium Arcadium. And Mother's Milk on occasion. I think they have good chemistry with the line up they have on those albums.

KingJaymz said...

poppins: Quit trying to get me in trouble. For that, I give you forty lashes, minus one, and I tag you for this meme. Put that in your pipe and smoke it!

ba doozie: I'd have to say Aeroplane or Roller Coaster of Love. I always hated Give It Away Now. They needed to stick to being a p(h)unk band, not rappers.

Delia: If I truly minded, I would totally say something. However, I didn't mind, so I joined in. I would always let you know if it bothered me. I wasn't publicly calling you out, I was merely explaining a little of my philosophy of blogging.

KingJaymz said...

Oops, forgot sil: I think their older stuff was a little more punk and funk influenced. I liked that about their sound. I felt like a lot of their newer stuff got either poppish or just kinda weird. It's cool, though. To each their own on this one. Some people like Winger, and others like Neil Diamond. I'm not one of them.

Dapoppins said...

And what is wrong with Neil? If you don't like Mr. Diamond, then you just don't like: Home, apple pie and America!

"Home, to a new and a shiny place
Make our bed, and we'll say our grace
Freedom's light burning warm
Freedom's light burning warm

Everywhere around the world
They're coming to America
Every time that flag's unfurled
They're coming to America"

KingJaymz said...

You caught me poppins. I hate America. ^_-

So that means you absolutely have to like Charley Daniels, Jimmy Hendricks and Karl Lewis.

That reminds me, I always liked Weird Al's parody of James Brown's song, Livin' in America. It was Livin' with a Hernia. Now that was a music video worth watching!