Ah, Jared's Java. Pleasant taste. Slight Monsterism.

Welcome to the home of my mind, where I brew my intellectual and spiritual joe. Sit back and let me pour you a cup or two. I promise not to cut you off, even after you get the caffeine jitters.

Thursday, June 28, 2007

Happy Multi-National Gamer Day

Okay, so no such celebration exists, but I had to make up something. I needed an excuse to parade about my recent favorite video game funnies. This'll have to last y'all until I get back from vacation.

Punch-Out would make a better sequel than the most recent Rocky film (not that it was bad from the existential/philosophical perspective).




Sad but true, and pretty darn funny (keep in mind Contra was one of the first hallmark games for the NES back in 1986).

And, just for good measure, the world's ugliest dog, Elwood. If Elwood is this ugly, how bad do you think Jake must be (because we all know that Dan Akroyd was by far the more handsome Blues Brother).


Side note: the Spice Girls are back. This is interesting to me because I was a part of the teen generation when they came around the first time.

What is up with Posh-Sexy Spice/Victoria Beckham? I saw two videos of the press event (and this picture) and she's the only one who didn't smile at all. Her husband recently signed a 10 year deal to play for the MLS LA Galaxy that was worth $500 million dollars and she's headed out with old friends on a world tour that will doubtlessly be incredibly lucrative. Pull the stick out! I suppose money truly can't buy happiness, eh?

Well, I'll be back next sursdai, y'all biscuit heads. I'm off for a week in the Steens Mountains with my dad. Peacey P out, yo!

10 comments:

uberstrickenfrau said...

Duuuude, because you have roots here in SD that makes you a corncob head, a post modern corncobb head that is!!! ha ha
Have a nice holyday( thats what 'REAL'christains call it btw) and please think up more controversal topics to astound us gentle readers who are waiting. Cio!

Dapoppins said...

Well heck! I come by for a vistit and now your goin out of town. How will we survive?

R said...

Posh is probably mad and jealous that the other girls can eat food and she won't let herself. She weighs about ninety pounds, if that. They all giggle about candy and ice cream and she can't even get a lick out of it. She's pretty famous for being ridiculously thin as a rail.

Dapoppins said...

Are you sticking your tongue out at me?

~*SilverNeurotic*~ said...

Posh Spice NEVER smiles. I was forced through many viewings of their movie during their hey day and I don't believe Posh smiled throughout that entire movie.

clumsy ox said...

See, I always related more to Jake than Elwood. Maybe because I look more like James Belushi? But you gotta give Jake credit on those awesome handsprings.

Delia said...

Have fun on your vacation with your dad.

I'll do my best to be caught up by the time you blog again. I'm falling so far behind it's not even funny.

ablondeblogger said...

Posh is too busy trying to look sexy to smile. If I had her body, though, you couldn't keep a smile off my face!

Is there really no such thing as National Gamer's Day? Because there's a holiday for just about everything else!

jay logan said...

i like the intendo boxing clip best.:]

Shan said...

r: I was gonna say - Yes, it's strange: stick figures usually look quite happy. Poor thing must be dying for a sandwich. Or a huge bowl of fettuccini alfredo.