Ah, Jared's Java. Pleasant taste. Slight Monsterism.

Welcome to the home of my mind, where I brew my intellectual and spiritual joe. Sit back and let me pour you a cup or two. I promise not to cut you off, even after you get the caffeine jitters.

Thursday, June 21, 2007

How do you kidnap a lake?


Chile's National Forestry Corporation is investigating the disappearance of a lake that mysteriously vanished in the southern Magallanes region in Patagonia. I'm not joking. The picture is linked to the story. The lake was about 12 acres (5 hectares for my Canuck friends). The authorities haven't yet ruled out suicide or foul play...

8 comments:

Dapoppins said...

aliens stole it. I am sure.

Ames said...

I don't know, Dapoppins, maybe it was terrorism.

majeau13 said...

I had a nice chuckle when I read this;

The lake was about 12 acres (5 hectares for my Canuck friends).

Thanks for including us Canadians, and the metric system!

Keep up the good work, Jared!

Keep on Bloggin' In The Free World!

-Marc

Delia said...

Do you think there will be a ransom?

Ames said...

I wonder how much you could get for a lake??? I could use a little extra cash. . .

Chelf said...

Foul play....The birds took it? Maybe the birds splashed it all out... puddle jumping gone awry.

And since when do you moderate the comments? I feel all... vulgar and stuff. I have to be approved to be here?

And, by the way, hello to you too, from the dinner with Niki.

The Family Jewels said...

How To Kidnap A Lake 101:
1. Order truckloads of dry sponges.
2. Dump said sponges in lake.
3. Put wet sponges back in trucks and haul away.

ablondeblogger said...

I think Al Gore sucked it all down to promote his beliefs on global warming.