Ah, Jared's Java. Pleasant taste. Slight Monsterism.

Welcome to the home of my mind, where I brew my intellectual and spiritual joe. Sit back and let me pour you a cup or two. I promise not to cut you off, even after you get the caffeine jitters.

Thursday, July 05, 2007

Appropriate for the Weekend

Over here, Cracked did a hilarious bit on what we learned from cartoons in the 80's. This is what they had for the Transformers. (If you're easily offended by profanity, be ye warned, there is some contained in the article I linked to)


CARTOON: Transformers
LESSON: If we’re not careful, robots will kill us all.

This is a humbling lesson for any child to learn, but an easy one to accept, considering Transformers was one of the coolest cartoons of the '80s. Would the Unabomber have renounced his violent ways if he were to witness the sheer stunning spectacle that is Grimlock? Hard to say, since he didn’t have a TV. But we will tell you one thing: when machines replace humans at the top of the food chain, we’ll be standing on the sidelines, waving our Autobot flag with fervent pride. Because, let’s face it, getting eaten by an alien car would suck. How it affected us as adults: The reason we stay away from Priuses and make our TV wear a blindfold when we sleep at night.

4 comments:

Dapoppins said...

And so, have you seen the movie yet? I was talking to my sister in law and she wants to see it. I had no idea she was the type.

MugwumpMom said...

My TV lives in the family room so it doesn't have to wear a blindfold...but the electrical outlets do.

My son went to see the movie tonight - it's my turn on Saturday (I do matinees - less people, better seats - not to mention a great way to get out of this present heat wave)

Delia said...

Sadly, I watched every one of those cartoons mentioned in the article. The Communistic Smurfs and Non-Trustworthy Scooby Doo characters were my favorites (of those 8) and I've even been known to watch them with my kiddos now.

wessexcathedral@gmail.com said...

I personally prefer Thunder Cats.

"Thunder Cats, HO!"