Ah, Jared's Java. Pleasant taste. Slight Monsterism.

Welcome to the home of my mind, where I brew my intellectual and spiritual joe. Sit back and let me pour you a cup or two. I promise not to cut you off, even after you get the caffeine jitters.

Thursday, July 26, 2007

April 18, 2006

Dear blog friends,

Today, I was informed that I was being laid off. This certainly isn't the first time this has happened to me. I am a bit heart-broken, but...I'm also feeling free. I have been in bondage to someone who hates me for the last 15 months. She figured out a convenient way to get rid of me. But it is truly her loss. She couldn't control me, so she hated me. She has been a man-hater since she got divorced many years ago. If she can't have her way with them or manipulate them, she hates them. I've seen her do that with other men, too. It's not just me.

However, I'm not feeling sorry for myself. My sweet Jen has expressed her admiration for how I hung in there and didn't go until I was forced out. I will qualify for unemployment. I didn't quit, even though my boss tried every trick and conniving method to make me. I didn't give up.

Reflections on the last 15 months: I wouldn't be here without that job. I started blogging as a way to reach out into the world. I was lonely and frustrated by my loathsome existence. There was no one to lean on in any of this. Yet, God was good. He brought along others at just the right time, and blogging was the vehicle He used to do that.

I would have never met any of you if I had not had this job. For whatever I suffered (and I suffered much), I would never trade away the pain and suffering if it meant that I would not have met any individual that I did through blogging. God has blessed my heart through all of you, even those of you who don't believe in Him. You have been His instrument of ministry to my heart. Believe it.

I wouldn't change a thing. I have no regrets. I'm thankful for those of you who continue to journey on with me now. I love you. I thank you. May the Lord bless you.

Jared

Voila, pleasureful indeed,
Oh yeah, satisfy my need,
How I long to be,
My soul on fire and my spirit free

------------------------
'Til I opened my eyes and walked out the door
And the clouds came tumbling down
And it's bye-bye goodbye I tried
And I twisted it wrong tryin' to make it right
Had to leave myself behind
And I've been flying high all night

So come pick me up
I've landed...

The daily dramas
She made from nothing
So nothing ever made it right
She liked to push me
And talk me back down
'Til i believed I was the crazy one
And in a way
I guess I was

'Til I opened my eyes and walked out the door
And the clouds came tumbling down
And it's bye-bye goodbye I tried
Dredging the sea of a trouble mind
Had to leave myself behind
Singin' bye-bye goodbye I tried

If you wrote me off
I'd understand it'
Cause I've been on
Some other planet

So come pick me up
I've landed...

And you will be so
Happy to know
I've come alone
It's over

And I'll open my eyes and walk out the door
And the clouds came tumbling down
And it's bye-bye goodbye I tried
Down comes the reign of the telephone czar
It's okay to call
And I will answer for myself

Come pick me up...
I've landed

13 comments:

R said...

Jared, I have to say that I have been praying about your job every running day and you know, this is an answer to prayer. God is so faithful, I am in awe. How awesome. This means He has something else ready for you soon...hang on for the ride, man.

Dapoppins said...

J`dude...really? but why are the dates so different? Wha's-go'in-on?

clumsy ox said...

OK, so my first question is, were you laid off today? Or was it a year ago?

Second question, when's the actual "See Ya", assuming today is the day you got the word?

Final question, what can I actually do to help? You don't have to post here, we can discuss on the phone, if you like.

I spent 11 months laid off once. It was the worst 11 months of my life. I have a small sense how it feels.

KingJaymz said...

r- thanks

Dapoppins- what's yesterday minus fifteen months (give or take a couple weeks)?

Ox- Uh, yesterday (in answer to the first two questions; they should have had a word problem in that eigth grade math test, lol). My boss locked the door behind me as a "sign of trust." I wasn't kidding when I said before that she's a psychopath.

We'll be talking soon, dude.

Chelf said...

Hey, there are many positives coming out of this. I would love to chat with you on email or phone, whatever you prefer.

I have been laid off before, too. I am still paying (ignoring the stupidity of...) a credit card that is the thorn in my side because of layoffs.

But... that silver lining is not far off for you, I know it! Keep us updated, and I am still praying for you and for Jen.

Joel said...

Hang in there. In the long run you will probably be way better off out of a horrible job like that.

Delia said...

Laid off isn't good. But being out of your crazy job is. I don't know the whole story of your job but I know that you weren't happy with it. So now you have the opportunity to do something that does make you happy. I hope you find it easily.

trespassers william said...

Hmmm...sorry about yor dilemna. So now what do you want to do? This is an opportunity to grab the kob you want...or at least take a step on the next rung to it. Anyways, after your poem I was tempted to sing...
"I can see clearly now the rain is gone,
I can see all obsatcles that were in my way,
Gone are the dark clouds that hda me blind,
It's gonna ba bright, bright sunshiney day..."
But I am not sure tha would be appropriate, just how do you view this lay off? How do you feel about it? Anyways maybe this poem would work better;

Stopping By Woods On A Snowy Evening

Whose woods these are I think I know.
His house is in the village though;
He will not see me stopping here
To watch his woods fill up with snow.
My little horse must think it queer
To stop without a farmhouse near
Between the woods and frozen lake
The darkest evening of the year.
He gives his harness bells a shake
To ask if there is some mistake.
The only other sound's the sweep
Of easy wind and downy flake.
The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep.

Robert Frost

I'm not exactly sure what that has to do with your situation, but hey I've always loved that poem...and it does talk about contemplation and moving onward, yes? Anyways, we will be praying for you.

trespassers william said...

Sorry, please pardon my typos on my comment. I spell great but type horribly.

Niki said...

You know my heart on this issue and you know I've been praying God would move you onward and upward. (Upward as in elevation) lol

I'm sorry things worked out the way they did for you in the manner that they did.

We love you Jared and we're here for you.

queen z said...

well I've been laid off a time or two, even fired but I find out later it was so I could do something better. So keep your chin up but not to high or people might think you are suffering from a neck injury. Maybe you need to be self employed then no worries about man hating bosses

The Family Jewels said...

Yes, an altitude change could do you some good. I think you should take a vacation in August...

Sally said...

Onward to bigger and better things! Can't wait to read about what God has in store for you next.

On another note...sometimes I wish I'd get laid off...talk about crazy work situations...