Ah, Jared's Java. Pleasant taste. Slight Monsterism.

Welcome to the home of my mind, where I brew my intellectual and spiritual joe. Sit back and let me pour you a cup or two. I promise not to cut you off, even after you get the caffeine jitters.

Thursday, July 26, 2007

Contestant _____, Come on down!

I found a cool website that has a lot of cool little tools on it. Go and disseminate them! You'll love to play along! Fun for the whole family!

I tell you what...how about a contest. I'll have a little prize for y'all. You do one of the three hilarious activities available on the website (or more if you like). Post it on your blog (ensuring to give credit to that website) with a link back to me and a note that it is for a contest. Leave a comment once you've done that, and I'll give out a prize for the one that makes me laugh the hardest (in case of a tie, I'll use random.com). The three below are obviously taken, so it'll have to be something different (just hit the refresh button if you get one that's the same). If you don't have a blog, just leave it in the comments section down below. The cut-off will be Friday 10pm, EDT. I will announce the winner on Monday, along with the prize.

A little tip for all of my players, when you copy the html text to paste it to your blog, it is really easy to go in and alter what it says. My peculiar aristocratic title is actually a combination of two that I really liked (though "Buzzcock" came out that way; I didn't make that one up). If you think it's stupid, and you can't get it to say what you want, then alter the text and make up your own. It might increase your chance of winning...

My Harry Potter Spoiler of Doom is:
Lord Voldemort gets a job at Wal-Mart on page 637
Get your Harry Potter Spoiler of Doom

My Peculiar Aristocratic Title is:
His Imperial Majesty Jared the Kind of Throcking by Buzzcock
Get your Peculiar Aristocratic Title

Buzzcock. Tee hee.

My Fortune Cookie told me:
You would do well to remember that a radioactive cat has eighteen half-lives.
Get a cookie from Miss Fortune


Terms and conditions: To play, you have to be willing to give me a mailing address for you. If I can't send the prize to you, you can't get it. Simple economics. I'm not responsible if you injure yourself with your prize by doing something stupid with it, like trying to stop a moving chainsaw chain. The prize is given just out of the joy of giving and the goodness of my heart. Once it gets to you, you are responsible for it. If you injure yourself with it, no matter how seemingly innocuous the prize itself is, it's not my fault. You should have known better and regifted it to a friend that you don't really like. That's what I do. Regift responsibly. It's like recycling, but with trash rather than recyclables.

5 comments:

clumsy ox said...

"You should have known better and regifted it to a friend that you don't really like. That's what I do. Regift responsibly. It's like recycling, but with trash rather than recyclables."

Dude, that was funny.

clumsy ox said...

I decided to play along. One of the three was funny...

Gwen said...

I did it. One was quite insulting, actually, though I liked the other two!

R said...

Apparently I belong in Amsterdam. I wanted to belong in London, but you can't have everything.

Ames said...

Count me in. Check my blog for my entry.