Ah, Jared's Java. Pleasant taste. Slight Monsterism.

Welcome to the home of my mind, where I brew my intellectual and spiritual joe. Sit back and let me pour you a cup or two. I promise not to cut you off, even after you get the caffeine jitters.

Friday, July 20, 2007

I'm "It"

(Click to enlarge)

I was tagged by Doctor Worm to do this meme. Y'all know how often I do these, so I'm allowing myself one. I think it's been a couple of months.

Five things to do before I die:
1. Have a pint in a pub in every country currently a part of the British Commonwealth
2. Spend time pursuing urban missions as a full-time work/passion
3. Learn to love my wife better/more
4. Learn to love the Lord better/more
5. Get a Jeep Wrangler so I can go 4x4ing in my off time

Five things I can do:
1. Give good counsel
2. Brew beer (I cook food pretty darned well, too)
3. Encourage others in their life and faith
4. Talk philosophy and theology
5. Take pretty decent pictures of "stuff"

Five things I cannot do yet:
1. Have children
2. Have a garden
3. Read Japanese
4. Quit my job
5. Practice martial arts

Five things that attract me to the opposite sex:
1. Kind eyes
2. Tenderness
3. A healthy sense of humor
4. A good sense of fashion
5. Above all, confidence

Five celebrity crushes (I'm sure my wife will find this interesting):
1. Queen Latifah (even though she's taken some crappy acting roles lately)
2. Mo'nique
3. Maria Sharipova
4. Lady Jaye (in 1987 I swore I'd marry her)
5. Kylie Minogue (when I was in my teens)

Five people I'd like to do this:
1. Che Guevarra
2. Nelson Mandela
3. Pope Benedict XIV
4. Maybe a duck
5. Uncle Rico (if he made state back in '82, of course)

11 comments:

clumsy ox said...

It's not Uncle Rico's fault they didn't make State. There's no doubt in my mind they woudl have won, if Coach had put him in.

-Benny- said...

You played the GI Joe and Street Fighter card. You're pretty much the coolest ever!

What Martial Art? Rex Kwon Do?

Ames said...

Didn't you forget taking your bike on some sweet jumps?

The Family Jewels said...

I am married to a first degree black belt in judo...I am sure he can teach you a couple of throws. I picked up a couple just watching! I can't promise where you will land, but you will fly.

Thanks for playing!

-Doctor Worm

Niki said...

It's pretty much my favorite animal...

I don't know what that means, but I had to throw a "Dynamite" quote in there too. And I said I wasn't a follower. Geesh!

~*SilverNeurotic*~ said...

I've started listening to this jazz station online, one night I fell asleep with it on and the next morning I woke up to this really nice song (can't remember it) and I really liked the singer and when I checked the website it was Queen Latifah. I was quite surprised...I knew she sang but aside from her role in "Chicago" I didn't realize that she had such a nice voice.

queen z said...

how much you wanna bet I can throw a football over them mountains?

Gwen said...

There's like a butt-load of gangs at this school. This one gang kept wanting me to join because I'm pretty good with a bo staff.

Looney Mom said...

What a cool meme. Interesting crushes. I'm always learning something new and interesting about you.

Hey, maybe you can brew me some of your beer when you come visit... just a thought. LOL!

R said...

Very interesting. Whenever I see beer now I think of you. Now I will whenever I see Queen Latifa (or however you spell her name).

Chelf said...

Mo'nique. Really, J? She is cute, smiley, and humorous. But without the class of Queen Latifah.

All (but maybe Kylie) have brains, and curves and athleticism.

For those who wonder... notice the attractiveness that he looks for, and then look again at the crush list. They all have most of those qualities.

I didn't know who Lady Jaye was. G.I. Joe was my brother's thing, if he didn't have cars or Legos. My Micro Machines and my Legos are now my brother's.