Ah, Jared's Java. Pleasant taste. Slight Monsterism.

Welcome to the home of my mind, where I brew my intellectual and spiritual joe. Sit back and let me pour you a cup or two. I promise not to cut you off, even after you get the caffeine jitters.

Wednesday, August 29, 2007

What to think, what to feel...

I've been thinking about Matthew 11:6 a lot over the last few days. It is hard to be faithful and continue to believe when you see others experience miracles, yet you continue to struggle in the muck and mire of life. You see others healed miraculously, yet you see precious people in your own life die long, painful deaths from diseases.

I know some who have been healed with ailments that I've suffered with for a long time. What do you say? Is the Lord unjust? No. "Blessed are those who do not fall away because of me." Is the True God of heaven indifferent to my pain and attentive to others? I doubt it. So what do I say? I'm not sure.

I'm going to a massage and chiropractic adjustment in five minutes because my back is acting up really badly again. I haven't felt pain like this in a couple of years. But the Lord will do as He sees fit, and I need to cope with that. I am working on ensuring that I don't forget God's goodness to me in so many other ways.

Blessings

5 comments:

Delia said...

I hope the massage and the adjustment gave you some relief. I'm praying for you.

~*SilverNeurotic*~ said...

Perhaps before you just weren't looking in the right direction. Hopefully you will find relief soon.

Ames said...

I would be very surprised if we didn't all have those thoughts at one time or another.

How's the back?

Dapoppins said...

Back problems are from the devil...oh wait. No that is car problems. back problems are your parents fault... No wait. Bad mannars are your parents fault.


Hope the medication (beer...my Granny uses the same thing!) worked!

Dapoppins said...

I have been off in la la land lately. Not calling relatives. Not blogging, not commenting. AS IF YOU CARE!!!!!!


Where is my ax! I think I need that AX! And some nice pink cow boy boots...


I think I have had too much diet coke.