Ah, Jared's Java. Pleasant taste. Slight Monsterism.

Welcome to the home of my mind, where I brew my intellectual and spiritual joe. Sit back and let me pour you a cup or two. I promise not to cut you off, even after you get the caffeine jitters.

Monday, August 27, 2007

Old Age Kicks Ass

Randy Couture is 44. He beat the crap out of a guy 16 years his junior (not to mention he was taller, stronger, heavier and faster than Randy) to retain his UFC heavy-weight crown on Sunday. So, to you my friends who are 43 or younger, yet older than 25, can you believe that the best years of your life could still be ahead of you? Well, it is true.

I did take care of that class that keeps me on the public dole. Y'all keep going to work. I need you to pay my way in this world. My thanks in advance for your responsible citizenship.

Below is some really crappy pictures of the awesome artwork that Tonia made for me. It's way awesome. I really love the stuff she did. The "K" will have a permanent place on the mantle above the fireplace. I'm not quite sure where we will place the colorful piece, however. I'll find it's spot, though.



That's all for today. Blessings

9 comments:

Chelf said...

So... since I am out of work (by choice, but still...) I am not a responsible member of society? Harrumph! I thought you would understand me. Sniff.

Love the artwork!

R said...

Way cool.

Niki said...

I'll have to send pics of the ones she made for me. ;)

Shan said...

Oh My Freaking Crap Jared you totally traumatized me with that first picture. Is that Freaking BLOOD on the mat? What the hell are you watching, dude?!?

Looney Mom said...

I think those 44 and over would be offended at you referring to that age as "old age" - you whippersnapper! Well not I since I'm still a young 35 but hubby is right there! LOL!

Cool artwork.

uberstrickenfrau said...

Hi, I'm old. Waaaaay old cuz I'm past 44, so I am like Methuselah old. Pickin out my nursing home as we speak. Yeah, you kiddies stay away. I beat you up.
Good to hear from you again, you kid, I thought I made you mad at me cuz I'm a wrinkly. I pity the man who messes with a wrinkly.

Delia said...

My husband just told me about Coutoure. I didn't watch that fight.

I'm a Liddell fan myself.

Delia said...

p.s. I haven't gone anywhere, I've just been comment challenged lately so I've been reading through bloglines and not clicking over. But I have been reading your posts.

Ames said...

Yeah, uh, that's right. I can beat up anyone I want to. Hmmmm. . .I think I'll go do that right now. Where's that bottle of Ben-Gay?