Ah, Jared's Java. Pleasant taste. Slight Monsterism.

Welcome to the home of my mind, where I brew my intellectual and spiritual joe. Sit back and let me pour you a cup or two. I promise not to cut you off, even after you get the caffeine jitters.

Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Sim Jared

The good news is that I finally got to play Sim City last night. I downloaded it on Monday to my Wii from the Wii Shop Channel. It's the original version for the Super Nintendo. I love that game. Once again, I can't tell you how many hours of my life I've wasted in front of the tube playing that game. I really, really love it. I'll try to squeeze in a few minutes of it today (if I can find the time).

The car is fixed. Hallelujah, the car is fixed...and no one is dead. They got the wrong master cylinder, then the master cylinder they got was defective, then they finally got a rebuilt master cylinder that worked and was the right one. So, I should've been out of there by noon, but I ended up being out of there at 5pm. My mechanic is a good one, and they are incredibly honest and reliable (I know enough about fixing on cars to verify that one myself). Just an off day with one of their distributors.

I'm feeling better today. I'm not so full of frustration and despair. Thanks to all those who commented their support and showed me love that didn't give me any advice. I've really come to appreciate friends who know they don't have anything to say to "make it all better" or to fix the situation and are just there for you. Y'all are my true blues, and I really appreciate the love that you give me. It is a gift from the Lord.

I've been tagged by Jan Parrish, who is becoming quite the blog buddy, to do a meme. This one's different though. It's forcing me to be creative. I have to follow the phrase "You know you're a writer if..." with my own answers. So, here goes.

You know you're a writer if...

...you don't have anything to blog about so you call up all of your friends and family conducting a meaningless survey on the approval rating of wiener dogs just for some material.

...you've ever said "Hang on a second, Honey. I need to go blog about something before I forget it."

...you've ever threatened to embarrass a friend or family member by blogging about something they did/told you.

...you've ever used the expression "emotional orgasm" in a genuine, expressive context.

...you write because it is free therapy, because if you go insane there will be no one to cook dinner.

...you buy your own domain name to host your blog on just for the e-street cred (it's like riding in the Lexus of the blog world).

...you've ever said, "I need a beer or I need to blog! I don't care which one, but I need one or the other right now before I completely lose my freaking mind!"

2 comments:

R said...

Glad to hear things are looking up! LOL!!!

Jan Parrish said...

LOL. Thanks for playing.

Here's a good post idea- Can you be too wired either from too much technology or too much coffee? What am I saying? Is there such a thing as too much coffee? Doesn't fit on my blogs. I thought about starting another... but I do have a life outside the blogisphere.

Glad things are looking up for you. I've been praying. :)