Ah, Jared's Java. Pleasant taste. Slight Monsterism.

Welcome to the home of my mind, where I brew my intellectual and spiritual joe. Sit back and let me pour you a cup or two. I promise not to cut you off, even after you get the caffeine jitters.

Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Sweet Lady Normality, Let's Make Out!


The car has now been driven extensively with no further problems. Thank goodness. I won't be going back to that mechanic...EVER! I waited around an extra 90 minutes after the car was fixed because they called the wrong number, then they tech did not shoot straight on which number he actually called. If I wasn't so relieved for this whole episode to be over, I would have been livid. Know what I mean?

I'm actually excited to drive Jen into work in the morning. I missed that. It will be the first time in about a week that I've been able to do that.

God is leading me deeper into my relationship with Him. It is very exciting and challenging. I'm learning that you must be willing to bring those things in your life that you hold in darkness out of fear into light and that you must be willing to slay your own sacred cows. It is painful, but I'm learning that you have to take the pain and be willing to move through it. I encourage you all to test God and see that He is worth it. I think I feel an SLM post coming on from this, but I'll save it for that blog.

I can't stop off without saying that today is the twenty-fifth anniversary of the invention of the smiley emoticon. Check out this article over at Yahoo! News. It's curious and interesting. Imagine the Internet or text messaging without the "digital smiley". You really can't. It's become as natural of a part of our as eating and using the restroom. It really gives cause for pause and reflection over the quantum leaps we've made technologically over the last twenty-five years. Wow...

Down below, you can click on the banner to vote what to do with Barry Bonds' 756 home run ball. Mark Ecko bought it and you can vote to: 1. send to Cooperstown (baseball hall of fame) as is 2. send to Cooperstown with an asterisk branded into it (denoting the controversy over his HGH and steroid usage) or 3. have it blasted into outer space. This really is quite the important cultural and social issue, so I'd encourage you to vote on it if you have any opinion at all. We'll see how it works out in the end.




Blessings

4 comments:

Dapoppins said...

I think there was something on the news last night about Bond's ball, but I couldn't figure out what. I don't pay attention to that guy stuff. Speaking of cars...if you don't take your car where you were taking your car, where are you going to take your car? And also, next time you and Jen visit, I will be sure to share my parasites with you.

Delia said...

I'm glad you got your car fixed and I hope it's a long while before you need another mechanic but when you do, I hope you find a good one.

Photo Buffet said...

Jared...small world. We live in the W. Valley too. I followed a link from Delia's blog to here because I had to see who was raised by a cup of coffee.

I love your view of life, and share it. God's the bottom line.

uberstrickenfrau said...

I hope that car place fixed your car, it sounds like monkeys are running the business!!! Have you ever seen or read the book Streams in the Desert by Mrs. Charles E. Cowman? Its a daily devotional and It's about the hard things in life. Anyway, I like it.;o)
(thats in honor of smiley day!!)