Ah, Jared's Java. Pleasant taste. Slight Monsterism.

Welcome to the home of my mind, where I brew my intellectual and spiritual joe. Sit back and let me pour you a cup or two. I promise not to cut you off, even after you get the caffeine jitters.

Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Bustin' as...uh...hiney

I've been working on my hours for my Independent Study Project the latter part of last week until now. This will continue in on a full-time basis until I get them all in on Friday of next week. I'm working the front desk for a local homeless shelter/men's addiction recovery center. It sounds boring an monotonous, but it isn't. It's actually pretty cool. I'm sorry I don't have more time to spend there. It is on the order of getting to know them and understand them all better by assimilating into the culture.

I'm learning much and will post some reflections as I have time. Today I spent an hour and a half playing hackey sack with a bunch of them. I count myself to be blessed to be numbered among them.

I'm wishing I had more cash so I could get some ink and some piercings, but, alas, I must wait. It'll happen.

Well, I'll leave you with this video of Dane Cook. It is priceless. You don't often hear this kind of commentary from this side of the argument, but if I were as funny as him, I would put it as eloquently.

Peace be with you


Dane Cook- Atheist

5 comments:

Niki said...

I know a certain bald-headed man that is a bad influence on you! It made me laugh too, but you know I HATE THAT WORD!!!

Jan Parrish said...

Now I like him even more. I loved the part about the atheist coming back as a tree and ultimately becoming a Bible. I was ROTFL.

He is in Dan In Real Life, a movie I posted about on my blog. Check it out. Definately worth the money. Good to have you back on the blogisphere.

Anne said...

That was pretty good except the language. Glad the kids were out of the room.

I don't say "bless you" either for the same reason. I prefer to say "God bless you".

Why do was say "God bless you" after a sneeze?

Shan said...

Funny.

I think you should get a tatt and some piercings. Woot!

You gonna do my meme?

Chelf said...

Funny how trying to be polite gets him into a huge debate.

I don't like that one word, but that is a different debate. :-)