Ah, Jared's Java. Pleasant taste. Slight Monsterism.

Welcome to the home of my mind, where I brew my intellectual and spiritual joe. Sit back and let me pour you a cup or two. I promise not to cut you off, even after you get the caffeine jitters.

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Too much stuff!!!

I took a sabbatical from most technology (even including video games) for about three weeks. It kinda just happened. I woke up one morning and couldn't bring myself to log on. I just couldn't. This persisted for about, well, whenever my last post was to yesterday.

It is good to be back in the swing of things, but it has been soooooo nice to have a break. I didn't realize how much of one I needed until I crashed into it. I didn't even check my email but once or twice, and only briefly (so I'm working through it bit by bit). It is good to unplug for a while. I'm feeling restored and more resilient.

I've also done a lot of reading. In that time, I've finished a lot of great books. I'll probably be doing a lot of writing about them. They have been incredibly instrumental in my spiritual formation as of late. I'm excited for the work that God has been doing in my life through some new perspective.

I have a very busy day full of many different tasks. I'll probably blog either late tonight or late tomorrow again. Thanks for all of you who have hung with me.

Blessings

3 comments:

~*SilverNeurotic*~ said...

Good to see you around again.

Looney Mom said...

I know what you mean about needing a break! I need to call you. Miss you lots.

R said...

Glad to see you.

Can't wait to hear about your books.