Ah, Jared's Java. Pleasant taste. Slight Monsterism.

Welcome to the home of my mind, where I brew my intellectual and spiritual joe. Sit back and let me pour you a cup or two. I promise not to cut you off, even after you get the caffeine jitters.

Monday, November 19, 2007

The Fairest Season

Advent is upon us. It started Saturday. I decided that part of my Advent ritual will include some fasting. I'm giving up snacking and sweets. I will allow myself to eat fruit, but I don't do that often. I'm hoping this will help gear me toward a better life physically and spiritually.

Advent is the season of celebrating the anticipation of the Jews expecting the Messiah. Scripture tells us that they were expecting Him. So, we celebrate that spirit.

It's Thanksgiving week, and I'm not sure how much posting I'll be able to do between today and Saturday. I'm hoping to post at least tomorrow. We'll see.

3 comments:

clumsy ox said...

I thought Advent was still a week out. Obviously I'm still pretty new to this religious calendar stuff.

I DO know yesterday was the 24th Sunday after Trinity...

Anne said...

I am patiently waiting for His second coming. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Dapoppins said...

NO SWEETS? are you crazy? I am bringing chocolate over right now, to test you, just to be sure.