Ah, Jared's Java. Pleasant taste. Slight Monsterism.

Welcome to the home of my mind, where I brew my intellectual and spiritual joe. Sit back and let me pour you a cup or two. I promise not to cut you off, even after you get the caffeine jitters.

Thursday, December 13, 2007

Making new friends

Do you like Krispy Kreme doughnuts?..'cause here's Krispy Kreme doughnuts for your mind...

I was put in the blessed situation of making a new friend yesterday. I volunteered to man the phones for a local "Radio-thon" that benefits the organization that I did my internship with. Across the table from me sat a neat gal. We talked about random crap for like 2 hours straight! It was awesome! The art of conversation makes me feel so alive! If only they'd pay me to talk to people I like...

Anyways, we got going down this trail about beer, and she challenged me to the great idea of making beer out of bread like the ancient Egyptians used to. Now, the Egyptians formulated the bread recipe specifically to be broken up into boiling water to make beer out of. However, sprouted barley has become a popular ingredient in some hearty bread recipes. That, coupled with some good "doorstop" grade rye could very well produce some decent brew. So, I think that'll be my next project. It'd be pretty simple. Yeah, I'm getting some ideas, and it's pretty exciting to think about.

I'm going to invite her up when I do it. She's an actress meeting with some success, and she's a mom. Neat lady. It was a kick.

Speaking of beer, I have six gallons fermenting away right now. I made a northern British style dark ale. Perfect for winter. I'll probably bottle it tomorrow or Saturday. I love beer.

I suppose life is pretty good, and I'm thankful for what God has done and is doing in my life. I have something to talk about that happened to me on Sunday night, but I'm not ready. That may be forth-coming in the next few weeks. It wasn't a good thing. I'm just trying to regain my focus in life, so I really don't want to discuss it.

The point is, I am regaining my focus, and I'm continuing to head in that direction. It's a good thing ;)

Godzilla Houdini Rhagili Jones…Love Her Like A Sister

1 comment:

Niki said...

And here's to your straight teeth and good spelling. ;)