Ah, Jared's Java. Pleasant taste. Slight Monsterism.

Welcome to the home of my mind, where I brew my intellectual and spiritual joe. Sit back and let me pour you a cup or two. I promise not to cut you off, even after you get the caffeine jitters.

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Beer and disappointment

I cracked open my first English style brown ale yesterday to find that it wasn't up to par. Not only has it not fully carbonated, but it is also tasting not quite right. Full carbonation should cure that, but I don't know if it will be able to achieve that. It should be there after a week in. I'll let it sit another three weeks, and, if it doesn't improve, I'll throw it out. Ouch. Six gallons of beer. Dang.

However, the Belgian Triple turned out well. It's quite the brand of firewater. I had a bottle of that last night and it was great. No disappointment there...except that there aren't more bottles of it. I only got a hair over two gallons of it. I need to make more.

I'm stuck at home today, and annoyed. QueenJaymz had to go to work today, but she's also not feeling well and needs to go see a doctor. She had to leave before they could set up an appointment, and it didn't end up being until the end of the day. So, I'm sitting around, looking for work again. Oh boy.

Would anyone be interested in an occasional video post from me? I've been thinking about doing that and thought I'd solicit the opinion of my readers...all three of you. I joke, but I'm not bothered by it. I've begun to blog for me, again, and that's what drives me.

Blessings,

Jared

4 comments:

silverneurotic said...

Personally I get more out of reading then seeing and listening. That's just how I'm wired though.

clumsy ox said...

I'm with silverneurotic. Video is an interesting novelty, but I prefer writing.

Chelf said...

Vote Number Three.... Yes. Please make sure you type a lot, but put an added bonus in once in a while. A little interesting video could be fun.

And you have a few more than three readers. My DH reads everyone on my blog list... he has only commented on mine once. Don't feel bad. This "therapy" for self is a good thing for us too.

wingnutsunited said...

Dude, that sucks about the brown ale. I'll let it sit for a few weeks before I throw it in the fridge. I do want some of your Trippel. I'll trade you for some of my firewater wheat beer.