Ah, Jared's Java. Pleasant taste. Slight Monsterism.

Welcome to the home of my mind, where I brew my intellectual and spiritual joe. Sit back and let me pour you a cup or two. I promise not to cut you off, even after you get the caffeine jitters.

Monday, March 17, 2008

Glory, Love and Starbucks

Much going on over the last week. I've been looking for work like nobody's business. I had an interview at Starbucks today, and I'm feeling good about my chances at getting the job. I'm not sure what is coming next for me, but I need to get a job as we are almost out of money...and I need health insurance. I had a few calls to make about jobs today, too, but they were a bit disappointing. I don't know what will come of them. I'm worn from looking for work.

There was a large gathering of house church folk on Saturday. People from house churches from all over the metro area got together at a large coffee house with space for seating. We worshiped, we prayed, we spoke words of encouragement freely. It was very...different. It was open and free. I'm hesitant to call it charismatic, but I'd say it was something like that. It was really encouraging, and I'd never experienced anything like it before. I've only been in the house church movement for a year, so it's old hat to many, but not me.

It reminded me of how great and magnificent God is. He's not small and contained, but greater and more majestic than my mind can comprehend. My life is for His glory...however, I must not get my means and ends confused. God's glory doesn't mean being "right" about everything and proving it. If He is Who He is, then He certainly isn't threatened by those who don't believe in Him. My goal is to show others His love and goodness so that they might experience that joyful glory...like Jesus did.

Happy St. Patrick's Day. It should be an official, national holiday.

Blessings,

Jared

2 comments:

Dapoppins said...

May the luck of the Irish possess you.
May the devil fly off with your worries.
May God bless you forever and ever.


That, my friend, is an actual Irish blessing!

Well, I guess it is. I don't really know.

Hope you have a great week.

wingnutsunited said...

Yeah! I'm officially caught up on your blog!
Is it weird that I didn't have any beer on St. Patrick's day?
And just for giggles, check this out:
http://stuffwhitepeoplelike.wordpress.com/2008/03/16/89-saint-patricks-day/

Brett