Ah, Jared's Java. Pleasant taste. Slight Monsterism.

Welcome to the home of my mind, where I brew my intellectual and spiritual joe. Sit back and let me pour you a cup or two. I promise not to cut you off, even after you get the caffeine jitters.

Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Updates, 'n stuff

I have not been to my computer for more than five minutes all of this week. I've been so busy with work and life that I haven't had time to sit and blog or check/write email. And Gmail isn't working today, so it doesn't look like that will happen now, either.

I'm learning more as I'm training more, and I've become a lot more secure in how I'm feeling about my job. I'll be able to weather this, no problem. I'm really looking forward to starting in the home/program I'm in, though I'm not sure when that will be. I have 30, 60, 90 and 6 month trainings I have to complete, and my starting schedule is flexible enough that I'm able to schedule them and get them as I want until my background check comes back, which is about three weeks from the date of hire. So, I'm trying to get every training at least scheduled if not completed by the time the results come in. My trainings are tied to my gradual wage increases, and they're also valuable tools to have to learn my job responsibilities. So, it is of the utmost importance to get them done. It gets tough to make that happen once you're managing your program full-time, as your schedule gets jam packed with paperwork and helping the clients. Better sooner than later.

I've got a few ideas burning in the back of my mind that I want to accomplish this year. It's pretty obvious at this point that I'm not going to earn $70,000 this year at my job, so I need some other stuff. I'm not going to shoot myself if I don't hit the mark (figure of speech), but I'd like to get there. I have a web based business that I want to get off the ground (not one of the "Get Rich Quick with no effort" schemes). I've been thinking of writing a book, too. I have five big ideas on what to write. I'm pondering:

- a modern historical work on beer
- an instructional/recipe/science book on a specialized field of brewing beer
- a review of research into the sociological and developmental impact gaming has on people and culture
- a historical work on video gaming
- a fictional story of some sort, which genre, I'm still uncertain, but I'm leaning crime fiction or something along the line of "Five People You Meet in Heaven," if you catch my drift

I'm being very vague on these because I don't want someone coming around and stealing the specific niche I've concocted and then writing and publishing a book on it. It may take me a couple of years to develop this material into something I can sell to a publisher, so I'm protecting what I have. If you're curious about my thoughts, you all have my email address.

Well, I have to call it a day. I have some work to do tonight that is work related, and some that is "relaxy" related. I've been burning the candle at both ends, and I need some R&R.

Blessings

1 comment:

MugwumpMom said...

I always figures a "Beer Lovers Guide to Europe" would be a great book..as in, a travel guide to the best micro brewery pubs over there, complete with beer and chocolate and/ or food pairings and everything...seriously...beer and chocolate..even better then red wine and chocolate.