Ah, Jared's Java. Pleasant taste. Slight Monsterism.

Welcome to the home of my mind, where I brew my intellectual and spiritual joe. Sit back and let me pour you a cup or two. I promise not to cut you off, even after you get the caffeine jitters.

Thursday, October 02, 2008

Fall Is Coming

(Again, the above picture is just so hilarious that I could not help but put it up. It has absolutely nothing to do with the post. I love all the beer cans/bottles around the pumpkins. Too funny.)

I know what you're thinking, "But the autumnal equinox has come and gone. Isn't it fall?" Not if you live in the Pacific Northwest. The weather here has been hot, and we've only gotten a few days of rain. That sucks. I'm so done with summer by the last week of June (maybe I've ranted on that several times before). However, when I woke up this morning, it was overcast and it had rained overnight. Huzzah!

So, to pull myself out of the doldrums, I'm going to do a self-indulgent post on what I love about Fall, that fairest season. I only hope it will come on strong soon. I can't wait to feel the taps of rain on top of my head.

The football season is in full swing. I loves me some football!
Hot tea/mulled-cider/cocoa/coffee on cold days tastes better now than it has in five months.
I think women's Fall and Winter clothes are sexier than Spring and Summer fashions, so I enjoy my wife's wardrobe the most at this point of the year.
You can make beer without the assistance of an air-conditioner or refrigerator.
It is a time of turning inward and resting/healing from the arduous labor of Spring and Summer.
The overcast sky keeps the sun from beating on my skin, but especially my eyes (I'm extremely photo-sensitive).
Hot baths come back into fashion, and don't they feel great?
Thick comfy socks.
The best network shows have their seasons during this time.
Candles and oil lamps to light the home.
The smell of home-baked goods.
Darker beers taste especially good.
The chill of a cool Fall/Winter breeze on your cheek.

Enough self-indulgence. I'll be back with more, tomorrow. I'll have something really worth reading then. I mean that.

Jared

9 comments:

Tracy said...

Love the picture!

wingnutsunited said...

That picture reminds me of a few episodes of mine in High School....

Ames said...

Soup. Don't forget about soup. Much better when it is chilly, grey and rainy.

Tou and David said...

Too funny.

Loulou said...

Fabulous and hilarious photo!

My favorite things about fall...
-being able to wear scarves again
-chestnuts
-mulled wine
-snuggling under the feather duvet. That is the best!

lcduf said...

Laughed out loud...great photo!

Niki said...

What's with you and puking pumpkins?? lol

I LOVE FALL! It's the most wonderful time of the year! I could make up Fall lyrics for that song about Winter/Christmas...if I had the time and energy.

I miss you. Let's chat!

AbiSomeone said...

The Abbess love Fall as well...it's the smell in the air and a cheery fire in the fireplace (Robert lit the first one last night.) The crisp air... A carafe of hot licorice tea...

Hope you're feeling better. The pumpkin pictures cracked me up. We have a soft spot in our hearts for pumpkins -- Peter was born on Halloween ... a rounded headed boy with the last name "Brown" ... we refused to name him Charles! ;^)

Looney Mom™ said...

I was gonna put that same picture on my blog and then I come here and there it is. Great minds huh? LOL!

We just got some snow in the Sandias today. Looks like winter is coming early for us!

I WISH YOU COULD COME VISIT! Miss you. I know I need to call. My bad. I suck. Love you!