Ah, Jared's Java. Pleasant taste. Slight Monsterism.

Welcome to the home of my mind, where I brew my intellectual and spiritual joe. Sit back and let me pour you a cup or two. I promise not to cut you off, even after you get the caffeine jitters.

Thursday, November 13, 2008

Since You Been Gone

Listening to Weird Al is great therapy. He finds the oddest ways to laugh at the absurd in life.

I love the requisite bad feelings love song he has on pretty much every album. "Bad Hair Day" has since you been gone, which, to me, seems to be an homage to a very bad, codependent relationship. A codependent and their codependency are not easily parted, but, as little sense any of it seems to make from the outside looking in, they seem gleefully miserable in a bad relationship, and unhappily stable in the absence of one. It is another peek at myself and my codependent tendencies.

Here are the lyrics (the song is masterfully arranged in achapella):

Since you been gone, well it feels like I've been chewing on tin foil
Since you been gone, it's like I got a great big mouthful of cod liver oil
Oh well I'm feeling like I stuck my hand inside a blender and turned it on
You know I've been in a buttload of pain, since you been gone

Since you've been gone
I couldn't feel any worse if you dropped a two-ton bowling ball on my toes
Since you've been gone
It couldn't hurt any more if you shoved a red-hot cactus up my nose

Since you've been gone
Well, it feels like I'm getting tetanus shots every day
Since you've been gone
It's like I've got an ice cream headache that won't go away
Ever since that day you left me
I've been so miserable, my dear
I feel almost as bad as I did when you were still here

-----------------------------------
I finished my first knitting project late last night. I loom knit a cowl for Jen. She urged me to finish it so that she could wear it soon...so I did. It was fun.

Now I'm working on another loom project and my needle knitting skills. And math...speaking of, I'll be getting back to that now.

Blessings

No comments: