Ah, Jared's Java. Pleasant taste. Slight Monsterism.

Welcome to the home of my mind, where I brew my intellectual and spiritual joe. Sit back and let me pour you a cup or two. I promise not to cut you off, even after you get the caffeine jitters.

Thursday, December 18, 2008

The Ashes

In myth, it is from the ashes of its old self that the phoenix rises. I suppose that dreams can be like that too. What dreams? I don't have the vision for it right now.

However, the honest work of the hands is a great spirit lifter. As St. Francis of Assisi is reported to once have said, "Work is the prayer of our hands." And paying the bills doesn't hurt either.

The facts are these: I can't be a master brewer for someone else and make a living. I need a job. I need a vision for a career/something to pay the bills long-term.

I'm casting about my resume at some temp agencies tomorrow to get some fast cash for short-term work. Pray for me, or wish me luck (or both).

Blessings

2 comments:

Looney Mom™ said...

Doing both for you! Love ya!

Delia said...

I'm praying for ya!

[i gave you an award on my blog]