Ah, Jared's Java. Pleasant taste. Slight Monsterism.

Welcome to the home of my mind, where I brew my intellectual and spiritual joe. Sit back and let me pour you a cup or two. I promise not to cut you off, even after you get the caffeine jitters.

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Just random stuff

I'm home sick today.  My wife likes to share, and she gave me the flu.  It's almost unavoidable when a spouse gets sick.  All you can do is brace yourself for the impending reality.  But, she got over it in about two days, so I should be all ready to go on Friday.  I'm certainly hoping so.  I have a date with the guys to hit up Slingshot, a local watering hole.  They have $2 drafts of Olympia and free shuffle board.  That's a good time.

I just started drinking on a batch of beer I made with a couple of proselytes.  One was really particular to know what he was getting as an end result, so we did that.  It turned out really nicely. I'm thoroughly enjoying it.

I'm still unemployed and just got turned down on a job that I got a second interview on.  We'll see what happens.  There are more jobs out there than I can apply for, and there are more applicants for each job than can be dealt with, so I'm just hoping that my resume stands out to someone.

In the meantime, I'll still be around...

Blessings

1 comment:

silverneurotic said...

that really sucks about the job hunt. it's a terrible time to be looking for a job. best of luck.