Ah, Jared's Java. Pleasant taste. Slight Monsterism.

Welcome to the home of my mind, where I brew my intellectual and spiritual joe. Sit back and let me pour you a cup or two. I promise not to cut you off, even after you get the caffeine jitters.

Friday, January 22, 2010

Then you might really know what it's like...

...to have the blues. I always liked that song by Everlast. Irish white rap at it's best (full-on belly laugh).

Today was a day where I had the blues. It's an odd-feeling. It's...uncomfortable. It wasn't always. A few months ago, it was my natural state. It was a nebulous force holding me down. An unwelcome companion following me as I walked the road of life.

There were just a few too many small disappointments today. Things sought and not found. Old wounds opened and raw. Unresolved issues resurfacing to assert their place in my life.

It's odd. I feel removed from myself as I type this, as if I'm staring at me, here in my chair, and looking at what's going on with me and inside of me. Talking (or, rather, typing) seems to take the sting out. Tomorrow will be better. As a matter of fact, tomorrow I'll be doing some more searching, hoping to find some answers to brewing issues needing solved.

Onward and upward.

Go mbeannai Dia thu

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is certainly interesting for me to read this blog. Thanx for it. I like such themes and everything that is connected to this matter. BTW, why don't you change design :).

SilverNeurotic said...

I've been feeling upbeat the last week or so, but I always know that the blues are just lurking in a corner, waiting to pounce when my defense is down.

KingJaymz said...

Anonymous: Thanks for the kind words. I wish I'd been blogging more over over the last few months when the real shift in my life has been happening. It's also been accompanied by 60 hour work weeks. But, I'm planning more regular in the future, so don't stop coming by ;) I will probably be changing layout and design in the not too distant future, and, perhaps services (to Wordpress or something like it).

I hope the best for you, Sil. You've been of great encouragement to me along my journey over the last few years. I've been grateful to have you as a friend.