Ah, Jared's Java. Pleasant taste. Slight Monsterism.

Welcome to the home of my mind, where I brew my intellectual and spiritual joe. Sit back and let me pour you a cup or two. I promise not to cut you off, even after you get the caffeine jitters.

Sunday, September 05, 2010

Back in the saddle again


{crickets chirping}, {crickets chirping}, {crickets chirping}, {gust of wind gently whooshes}, {tumble weed gently rolls across foreground}, {a lone coyote howls in the distance}, {approaching steps crunch the hard desert sand underfoot}

Helloooooooo! Anyone out theeeeeeeerrrrrrrrre?! Sure has gotten quiet in these parts. I didn't think that building my blog on an ancient Native American burial ground would be such an awful idea.

Well, it's been a while. I really have missed blogging. I miss what blogging used to be before Facebook. See, back in the day, I had about 30 blogger buds, and we ruled the web together. We'd comment on each others' work on the web, our lives. We'd share prayer requests, encourage each other and provide the kind of support you'd expect to see in only the tightest of communities. I made an attempted come back to blogging in February, and it didn't stick over my disappointment with that loss.

Why did I leave in the first place? Well, I ran into the deepest pool of depression I'd ever been in. I ran out of positive things to say. But, now I'm back. I've actually been depression free for about four months. I had a wonderful therapist who helped me out of it. And, I feel fortunate, because there are more bad therapists out there than good ones.

It's time for me to write again. Writing is something I so greatly enjoy. It's therapy for me, all on its own. It's time for me to have my voice in the world again. I'm ready.

5 comments:

Delia said...

I'm feeling the same nostalgia for blogs. Or, like you said, blogs before Facebook. So, I'm trying to get back to reading the blogs I loved before and hope to eventually get back to posting more than just book reviews on a regular basis. I'm still not at the point where I'm reading every day like I used to be but I'm slowly getting there.

I'm glad to see you back, Jared.

KingJaymz said...

Thanks, Delia. I hope to be reading more blogs. I miss those days. They were good, weren't they?

I'll look forward to your writing, when you get back around to doing more of it.

Niki said...

It's where we met and became friends. How fitting that we should "rejoin" together too. Welcome back, brother. We've SOOO got this! :)

KingJaymz said...

Tearin' up the World Wide Web, one URL at a time ;)

SilverNeurotic said...

I read your status update at work and was excited to get home and see what you wrote. I really do hope you start blogging on a regular again.