Ah, Jared's Java. Pleasant taste. Slight Monsterism.

Welcome to the home of my mind, where I brew my intellectual and spiritual joe. Sit back and let me pour you a cup or two. I promise not to cut you off, even after you get the caffeine jitters.

Thursday, September 09, 2010

Naw, not us

"First they came for the immigrants, but I was not an immigrant, so I did not speak out. Then they came for the Muslims and the homosexuals, but I was neither, so I did not speak out. Then they came for the Christian dissenters, but I was not a Christian dissenter, so I did not speak out. And then they came for me, there was no one left to speak." With apologies to the good Dietrich Bonhoeffer. Not for ripping this off, but for not speaking out louder and sooner about freedom and tyranny.

It could happen, people. Beware and be warned. The Germans also said, "Oh, no, that will never happen to us. We'd never do that." It did and they did. Let us remain vigilant for all freedom, and let us lovingly and peacefully speak with our Muslim neighbors (the ones that Jesus said to love as ourselves) about any differences we have with them, and about peaceful resolutions to conflicting desires and interests.

No comments: